What The Health

Options
bkev7000
bkev7000 Posts: 13 Member
Everyone has to watch this documentary on Netflix! It's an eye opener. All meats are a direct cause towards Cancer, Diabetes, and other health issues. And more importantly, getting all meat (and fish and poultry) out of your diet can reverse effects of meats already in your system. I'm converted!

Replies

• OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Poorly done, not worth it, talk to farmers and people actually involved with these things DAILY to get your info. Not some dude with an agenda.
  • hrj888
    hrj888 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I watched it last night. I have Crohn's disease. They said a plant based diet would help put my Crohns into remission. I'm actually transitioning into becoming vegan.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    hrj888 wrote: »
    I watched it last night. I have Crohn's disease. They said a plant based diet would help put my Crohns into remission. I'm actually transitioning into becoming vegan.

Do you tolerate vegetables now? My sister doesn't. I'm pretty sure plant-based would land her in the hospital.
  • bkev7000
    bkev7000 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You're right. I'm a lemming. After reading the main thread on this, I should look for a balanced view. (I did use search prior to posting and didn't see it.)
    I probably would ease off a little on chicken and pork, and try a little more good quality steaks.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to live forever
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    hrj888 wrote: »

I have crohn's too.Before I had surgery a vegan diet would put me in the hospital. Way too hard to digest