Food without Brakes

Options

Replies

• PositiveChange2013
    PositiveChange2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My food(s) without brakes are wine, cheese, peanut butter, peanuts, almonds, and mini chocolates. I really need to do something about my lack of self control as it's sabotaging my diet big time.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Ice cream for Me, I can't have half a cup like normal people. I want my bowl to have a mountain of chocolate ice cream in there lol. I try not to have it in the house, that really helps me

"Normal people" lol If it helps, I'm not normal either :lol:

• TikiKitsune
    TikiKitsune Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cheese, Definitely cheese. I just type them in as I'm eating them and seeing the calories sky rocket usually stops me T.T
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Those fudge stick cookies. sugar wafers, with vanilla cream between thin layers and covered in chocolate. I will eat an entire pakage of that like it's nothing. Basically I only allow myself a single package every couple of months.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Pistachios. But more than anything else, freshly baked bread, still warm. I could eat a mountain of freshly baked bread.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Nuts of all kinds, sweetened condensed milk, fried eggplant, dates (any dried fruit, actually), and Nutella. I just don't have these in the house if I can help it, or have them in single servings only.

Weirdly enough, I'm not anxious around ice cream, chips, cookies...etc, and have no problem having just one serving. I'm greedy enough to want to have more if I had the calories, but perfectly fine not to.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    mlinci wrote: »
    Pistachios. But more than anything else, freshly baked bread, still warm. I could eat a mountain of freshly baked bread.

Ooh! Both of those! I'm saved there though 'cause I can hardly ever afford more than a very small packof pistachios, and homemade bread requires some prep, so can't justdo it easily, whenever.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    ANYTHING crunchy and salty. Kettle chips? I physically can't stop. So obviously no buying them for me!
    Erm... Cadbury's chocolate... cannot stop piling it in... so again I either buy a snack bar size, or nothing at all.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Bread, the hot just out of the oven crispy type smothered in butter.

And wine, but that's not food :D
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Homemade chocolate cake and cookies. I have to put the cake in my husband's car and send it to work with him after I cut the portion I allow myself. And I only make cookies for specific events that are outside the house so I eat a couple and send the rest to the event.

Also, saltiness crackers. I wrote about this in another thread once. I just don't eat them at all anymore because I want the entire sleeve of crackers in my soup. I like the soup so full of crackers that it scrapes my throat as I swallow :lol:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Ice cream for Me, I can't have half a cup like normal people. I want my bowl to have a mountain of chocolate ice cream in there lol. I try not to have it in the house, that really helps me

"Normal people" want a mountain too, I can assure you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0rFEbGYnEE
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Anything that I can eat by the handful, it's so easy to just reach for another. If snacks are in larger portions I need to keep them out of reach to avoid the mindless snacking.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Freshly baked bread just out of the oven. Had to stop baking it for a while
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Cheesy puffs.
    76mybxvk6f8d.jpg
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Nachos. So many nachos.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Cheesy puffs.
    76mybxvk6f8d.jpg

This! Also cashews, honey roasted peanuts, and flavored almonds.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    the Walkers sensations thai chilli crisps with cream cheese...I could eat that forever. Sweet potato fries too, when they're done right. Grapes are another but I don't feel as guilty going crazy on grapes
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Pizza,taco bell,chips
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Pecan pie. I cannot stop. Shoo-Fly pie, I can stop. Pecan pie, I cannot stop.

My daughter made me a strawberry bundt birthday cake. On that particular day I was not limiting calories. I ate half the cake. I think that means I stopped. So, strawberry cake I can stop.

My mother, d. 1987, had a banana pudding which I could not stop and cannot replicate. She had a coconut cake which I could not stop and dare not even try to replicate.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Any fresh gluten free bakery cake or cupcakes. And ice cream - definitely can't keep it in the house.