Missed weigh-in

Options
Struggles/successes-So I'm on vacation as we speak, and I usually weigh in on mondays, but since I'm away from home, wasn't able to get it in. So this is my substitute for my first July maintainer post. It's probably just as well, as of course we've been eating out a lot and I'm sure I'm maintaining a ton of water due to both the sodium and increased carb intake. I've been getting in my workouts daily and I've been conscious of what I'm eating, but I'm pretty much eating what I want. I'd forgotten how very easy it is to eat 2500-3000 calories in one day! Anyway, it's going to be a tough transition back, as a start a new job when I return so I'll have a new "normal" routine, but I'm aware of it and hoping to make it as smooth as possible.

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    You got this! I'll be on board with vacation next week too. Props for keeping up your exercise. Hope you're wearing all those crop tops!
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    @bbell1985 haha, thanks, and I'm totally wearing all of the crop tops. I brought like one t shirt, 3 dresses, and a bunch of half tops with me.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    nichell88 wrote: »
    @bbell1985 haha, thanks, and I'm totally wearing all of the crop tops. I brought like one t shirt, 3 dresses, and a bunch of half tops with me.

Yasssss. Isn't it so *kitten* freeing to not have to worry about pulling your shirt down to hide this or that? I put on shorts and a short-ish shirt yesterday and was like "who AM I?"
  • jusjoking
    jusjoking Posts: 56 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I just went on "vacation" with my mom and sister for my 50th birthday. Ive been logging in and tracking calories etc since Apr 16th and everything was going good so of course I was worried that the 3 day vacation would throw me way off course.

I was actually tempted to tote my scale with me lol.

I log in daily and post my weight daily and also post it daily on weightgrapher.com . So basically what I did was just enter 2 imaginary weights on the 2 days i was away from the scale.

I was 237.2 on my last real weigh in so on the 2 imaginary days I entered 238 and 237.8. Even though I loosened way up and ate whatever, when I did get back home and weighed the next morning I was 237.

The stress of being around family can burn a lot of calories lol

One thing that can come in handy when vacationing etc is intermittent fasting. For instance on my off days from work I usually dont eat until around noon. So on the first day of my vacation we left around 9 a.m. and drove like 3.5 hours etc. By the time I ate it was probably 1:30ish pm and it was no big deal. My stomach wasnt growling or whatever

If one is doing intermittent fasting I think it makes vacations etc a little more manageable because they may only have 3 meals or even 2 meals and a snack for the whole day so they can only go SO crazy even if they let loose. Whereas if you eat first thing in the morning and then eat every 3 hours then you can REALLY go overboard by the end of the day!

Of course another thing (I see your pics so I know u know what u r doing) is that a few days or even a week here or there really doesnt mean much to a person who has a decent routine and discipline etc. If you have a decent routine over the course of a year then a few days or even a week here or there doesnt make much difference at all. I guess thats why they say things like "discipline brings freedom". (though I hate the word discipline!!)

Peace, JJ
  • bbell1985
    Options
    jusjoking wrote: »
    I just went on "vacation" with my mom and sister for my 50th birthday. Ive been logging in and tracking calories etc since Apr 16th and everything was going good so of course I was worried that the 3 day vacation would throw me way off course.

I was actually tempted to tote my scale with me lol.

I log in daily and post my weight daily and also post it daily on weightgrapher.com . So basically what I did was just enter 2 imaginary weights on the 2 days i was away from the scale.

I was 237.2 on my last real weigh in so on the 2 imaginary days I entered 238 and 237.8. Even though I loosed way up and ate whatever, when I did get back home and weigh the next morning I was 237.

The stress of being around family can burn a lot of calories lol

One thing that can come in handy when vacationing etc is intermittent fasting. For instance on my off days from work I usually dont eat until around noon. So on the first day of my vacation we left around 9 a.m. and drove like 3.5 hours etc. By the time I ate it was probably 1:30ish pm and it was no big deal. My stomach wasnt growling or whatever

If one is doing intermittent fasting I think it makes vacations etc a little more manageable because they may only have 3 meals or even 2 meals and a snack for the whole day so they can only go SO crazy even if they let loose. Whereas if you eat first thing in the morning and then eat every 3 hours then you can REALLY go overboard by the end of the day!

Peace, JJ

Agree with IF during vacation. Some coffee in the a.m., get moving. Before you know it, it's 1:30 and you still have a chunk of calories left for the day. But this is the way I eat normally. Not a strict IF-er, but something close.
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Haven't been doing The IF thing because I usually work out in the morning and I like to eat after I work out. I've been tracking pretty consistently (not as strictly as I do at home) and have gone over my calories for 2 days and stayed under for 3, though I'm netting more overall. But I'm in control of what I'm eating and how much I'm exercising, just making the choice to let loose a little and indulge, and it's making for a very enjoyable vacation