Scale up over 10 pounds!

Options
So, I went all out this weekend with alcohol and not tracking my food... I think my TOM is close too.. It's just crazy because I was thinking most I could gain would be 3 pounds in 4 days...I know most of it should go away but it's crazy to see on the scale. Back to logging today and going to the gym..

Replies

• SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Water weight sucks but it's temporary. Even if you did gain some fat it will go too with your return to deficit.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, watch your sodium and stay off the scale for a few days!
  • AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that! Currently I am up about 4 pounds after having a good time with my old friend for the 4th. It sucks to see that higher number on the scale, but it really is temporary. Usually about 4 days later I am back to normal as long as I resume counting calories, exercise and drinking plenty of fluids.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I will gain 10lbs from water weight depending on food choices and cycle but it's gone in 4 to 10 days usually.
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It could be a few different variables that caused you gain that much in a short period of time: what you ate, how often you ate, and how much you ate. Sodium can be a factor in gaining water weight. Alcohol can cause your metabolism to slow down, however, I found alcohol is not much of a problem when I eat several small meals per day. If you're eating a large amount of food all at once, insulin can be a factor in weight gain, which is why it's better to eat several small meals compared to eating fewer large meals. Eating several small meals I found to be a huge factor in my struggle to lose weight and also helps a lot to get back on track when I over indulge in something. Lastly, of course, eating too many calories. It doesn't hurt to let loose once in a while. Just get back on track.
  • dark_sparkles37019
    dark_sparkles37019 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm think some of it is all the hotdogs(no bun) I ate this weekend...like 6 and 2 pieces of bologna, and chips(like a whole can of pizza pringles, crazy!)
  • dark_sparkles37019
    dark_sparkles37019 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am drinking water today, already on my third bottle and I lifted weights(leg day) and stationary bike at gym.