Omg! Help

Options
This weekend I weight myself and was 211.5lbs lost. Today I weighted myself again and was 222lbs. Can I have gained more than 10lbs in 3 days?

Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Did you weigh yourself on the same scale, same time of day? Did you change anything drastically in those 3days?
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Did you weigh yourself on the same scale, same time of day? Did you change anything drastically in those 3days?

Noel_57 wrote: »
    Yes. But 10 pounds of what, fat? Not very likely. Water weight my dear, water weight.

When I weight myself this morning I used a different scale. I did not want to weight on Aria, but yesterday I also had a BBQ cheeseburger
  • andyzee69
    andyzee69 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I suspect it's because you used different scales. Stick to the same ones at the same time if day for consistent results.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    With BBQ and Cheeseburger more then likely its water retention from the sodium. Should clear out in a few days. The scale thing is also an issue as you won't always get the same readings from different scales.
  • smokinbluegrass
    smokinbluegrass Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    A weightlifter I follow (not for weightlifting, but for motivation and general nutrition), says his weight varies by as much as 14 pounds a day. It's mostly due to water because your water is stored in your muscles. His advice on weighing, which I follow to a tee, is to weigh on a schedule, either the same day each week or, if daily, then at the same time each day.

Additionally, weigh on the same scale each time, stark naked, without any jewelry or glasses if possible, when you wake up, but after you've gone to the bathroom. If you don't relieve yourself when you wake up, then wait until you have done, but most importantly, don't consume anything, even a sip or nibble, until you've weighed.

His example that brought it home to me was when he weighed as above, then drank his normal morning two pints of water. Out of curiosity, he got back on the scale 30 minutes later. He'd gained 6 pounds.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    It's the scale. There is about a 7lb difference between my home scale and the one my doctor's office uses. Used to shake me up but I just come to accept it now.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    No. You did not gain 10 pounds of fat in 1 day.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There are differences between scales. Stay consistent.