Tough Journey

Hello ALL,

As we are on our journeys to lose weight and eat right, I have been wondering while I am eating healthy why am gaining weight? I started eating healthy a month before I got started using My Fitness. If anyone has any suggestions please reply.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Weight loss is about eating less calories than you burn. You can still eat too many calories eating healthy foods.

Start logging accurately and consistently and you will see how many calories you're eating and where you can cut back. Good luck!
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    It's about calories, to lose weight you must consume less calories than you burn. I gained weight as a vegetarian and then gained weight as a low carb vegetarian who ate minimal processed food. What you eat matters for nutrition and satiety, the amount you eat matters for weight.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I ate a lot of nuts, raw almonds mostly, because they are healthy. Guess what, I was eating too many. Eating healthy does not equal less calories.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    You may be eating healthy, but you're also eating more than you burn
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    You joined MFP yesterday. For how long have you been eating healthy and gaining weight?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Too many calories. Doesn't matter if they are "healthy" or not - eat too many and you'll gain weight.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    It's all about the math. CICO
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    i went plant based and stalled my weight loss.. too many beans and too many nuts.. had to eat more raw veggies and get stricter with my measuring and still count macros.. sigh.. its work but the results are worth it!!
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Healthy eating isn't necessarily low cal. I used to eat hazelnuts and cashews as my healthy snacks. Was horrified to see that a serving size of hazelnuts is 10 nuts, which equals 88 calories. Those handfuls I was consuming almost daily put me over the calorie allowances really quick. Now that I've cut back and snack on other things, the weight is coming off.