How do you stay committed?

Options
2»

Replies

• Hoshiko
    Hoshiko Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Habit, honest logging even when I go over, a sustainable deficit (so I'm not gnawing my arm off) and a good mix of strength and cardio so I can earn more cals, keep more muscle and see results in the mirror as well as the scale. I also mix it up with my calories and have maintenance days and don't worry if I go over maintenance as long as it fits into my weekly deficit. I also haven't cut out anything from my diet but trrrrrry to have more protein.

Exactly this. That pretty much sums up my experience.

I'm also making a concerted effort to try to support and celebrate other people's success. I admin a weight challenge group and spend time here browsing the forums. Sure, people fall off all the time, but even if it's not in real life I want to find the people who are currently motivated and successful and surround myself with those people. It really helps to change my perspective on those days when I'm struggling.
  • tahira81
    tahira81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I remember to log in my calories every day because if I don't I'll feel lost. I have a weight loss goal every week and it's important I stay on track. So it's just starting to become a habit. I'm a month into MyFitnessPal... and it's working out for me so far.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Planning and strategy, figure out what I can do, build a schedule and be flexible enough to adjust if I get out of schedule. Log all food consumed, aim to get enough sleep.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    It's just ingrained in me now, honestly sometimes my mind says no, but my body might as well be possessed because there's just no stopping myself...