I feel like I'm overreacting but opinions are welcome

Replies

• browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    31shines wrote: »
    This is what isnwrong eith millennials today. Shen I was dating my wife in the former days we did not sleep togrther until the wedding. I yell my grandchildren... you have to be better than giving yourselt away so soon. We have degraded as a society.

Times change. You can't expect the younger generations to follow the same rules our parents or grandparents did. To some, sex has become a more casual thing. Back in your day, there wasn't a thing called "friends with benefits." Now it's more common. Hell I have one. I don't want to be in a relationship but I have needs. It's a mutual agreement. And I am pre-millennial.

Times change is no excuse. I expect all 3 of my kids when they come of age to respect themselves enough not to have sex with everybody. I'm only 35 and I think yes people have needs one friend is plenty. I hear so many Young people I work with. Myltiple a week. That is careless even with protection.

I said nothing about sleeping with everyone. I know people back in the day were doing stuff people are doing now, it is just more socially acceptable now, that is what I meant by times change. Being with multiple people a week just makes you a *kitten*, male or female. But you don't have to be married, or in a relationship, to have sex.

That's why I said 1 friend is plenty. I know you don't say sleeping with everyone I said the young people I work with. It's really crazy to hear how many partners some of them have.

There is a term to describe those young people... it's the same word used back in the day and it's still used now... :lol:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    AskMorphis wrote: »
    Times change is no excuse. I expect all 3 of my kids when they come of age to respect themselves enough not to have sex with everybody. I'm only 35 and I think yes people have needs one friend is plenty. I hear so many Young people I work with. Myltiple a week. That is careless even with protection.

How is having lots of sex a sign of lack of respect ?

I don't engage personnaly in that kind of behavior, because it's not something I wish for. But if someone else wants to do it, what's wrong with it ? Two people wanting to spend some time in the bedroom (or elsewhere :innocent: ) and then having fun, sharing a moment and pleasing themselves : how is that exactly a sign of lack of self-respect ?

I understand.

I'm all about self............. respect

best-conditioners-bumble-and-bumble-thickening.jpg

tumblr_mz62m0q2mp1t2aywao1_500.gif

• AskMorphis
    AskMorphis Posts: 155 Member
    I didn't realize you were talking about having many partners at the same time. In that case, I'm with you. Unless they're all aware of the situation and still up for it, but it's unlikely.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,494 Member
    Morning sex solves many problems.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    This is what isnwrong eith millennials today. Shen I was dating my wife in the former days we did not sleep togrther until the wedding. I yell my grandchildren... you have to be better than giving yourselt away so soon. We have degraded as a society.

Times change. You can't expect the younger generations to follow the same rules our parents or grandparents did. To some, sex has become a more casual thing. Back in your day, there wasn't a thing called "friends with benefits." Now it's more common. Hell I have one. I don't want to be in a relationship but I have needs. It's a mutual agreement. And I am pre-millennial.

That's why you have one friend with benefits, and you play hard to get with guys you go on dates with.
    Problem solved.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Just as an update, I and some of you were right. He told me “he wasn’t sure if he was still interested…he didn’t feel any type of connection last time we hung out” and I seemed “bored and disinterested”. I once again explained I wasn’t bored or disinterested, that I didn’t feel well and that was it and I did have an interest. I said if he wants to try one more time I would, or if he doesn’t I would respect it, but just let me know and he replied with “ok then it’s a no”

sigh.
  • grayblackmfp
    grayblackmfp Posts: 140 Member
    Just as an update, I and some of you were right. He told me “he wasn’t sure if he was still interested…he didn’t feel any type of connection last time we hung out” and I seemed “bored and disinterested”. I once again explained I wasn’t bored or disinterested, that I didn’t feel well and that was it and I did have an interest. I said if he wants to try one more time I would, or if he doesn’t I would respect it, but just let me know and he replied with “ok then it’s a no”

sigh.

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. Have some commiserations from this mfp randomer. Dating isn't always fun. Feel the feelings that probably won't be pleasant and then move on.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    You over-shared in your text. He probably didn't even think much of you seeming distant. Be chill sister!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Sorry OP, just read your update. It's okay...you're young! I'm single and 31 in NYC. It's a whole different ball game now.
  • mjtaylor87
    mjtaylor87 Posts: 242 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Unless your name is Tiffany I've got some bad news....

LOL what is with you and the TIffanys of the world?
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    You know that gut feeling that something is not right?... Or that he is being cold/weird??
    Usually they are right.
  • YearOfTheDragonLeo
    YearOfTheDragonLeo Posts: 214 Member
    Boys....smh
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    Y'all aren't really talking about apples, are ya?
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Yeah, well that's the thing, men in general think clearer AFTER sex, women BEFORE sex.

So his hormones calmed down afterwards and he was able to think clearly, and he decided he wasn't really all that interested in the first place.

And this is why you have to be aware of the consequences of sleeping with someone maybe too soon. I'm not saying what you did was wrong, it's just a learning experience. Be aware that hormones muddy our thought process to help ensure survival of the DNA, but it also makes dating difficult unfortunately.