Replies

• jaybirdee
    jaybirdee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am trying to do keto as well.
  • CorineSilva
    CorineSilva Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Lets do it ! I've done Keto since March of this year and I know it works, however with my kids visiting back to back it's been havoc on Keto !!!
  • leptiric90
    leptiric90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Jup keto is the best thing,easy and you can see results very fast.
  • drlaprairie
    drlaprairie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Tielji
    Tielji Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in, too!
  • leptiric90
    Options
    I wanted to go on keto for so long,i been working out everyday but because of eating junk and lots of sugar i have stayed at the same position,and you cant tell i workout so much.So now i want to show what i have done and get at least 5 kg down.
  • romy113
    romy113 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey, All! I'm about a week into Keto. Liking it so far. Looking for a group for accountability and sharing. I'm a mom of three kids. I would like to take off another 65 pounds or so. Currently I'm down ~10 pounds in ~2 weeks (seriously not crash dieting) . Looking forward to challenging with you!
  • roismacconnmhaigh
    roismacconnmhaigh Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started Keto this week as well.
  • alicarr2017
    alicarr2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP..again. I just started Keto a few days ago, and I was actually shocked when I stepped on the scale this morning. I had lost over 7lbs in 2 days! I surely don't expect it to keep up at that pace but I'm all in! I'm kind of expecting the dreaded "Keto Flu" to set in. Looking forward to having some people to do this with!
  • jonnelleoh
    jonnelleoh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started full on keto yesterday. Looking for some motivation and friends.. I switched to low carb (under 100g a day or so) a week ago and made full transition yesterday. Not sure how I'm feeling yet. I've been naseous all day but I've made some very yummy food. :)
  • CAAndrews1
    CAAndrews1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I re- started my weight loss efforts back in March of this year. After being out of the military 1 year I had a host of health issues and was fat! I looked in the mirror on 6 March and decided I was tired of being 34, 307 pounds, taking a fist full of prescriptions every day and still feeling like crap! So I made a change. After my first almost 30 pounds lost, towards the end of April, I began working out again as my health conditions had vastly improved and I was feeling good for once. I dropped about another 15- 20 pounds and stumbled onto Keto almost a month ago. This coming Monday will mark my one month on keto and I am about 70 pounds down since i began in March. I am definitely down with an accountability group and people to share in the struggles and successes with! I am even going to do an egg fast to revitalize my weight loss as the last almost two weeks i haven't lost more than a couple of pounds. Count me in!!! Let's do this!!!
  • LiveLaughLove1969
    LiveLaughLove1969 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've been looking into it and trying to research (along with a friend of mine). Think I need more research but need to do something. I'm on so many meds and in pain which makes it hard to workout (even though dr's are like, workout it'll help and lose weight); uh, yeah no problem. I take 5-7 steroids a day and in the past couple years have went from like 140 or 145 to 167 and sometimes more. Something has to change and sometimes I feel like, if I could just clean my system out somehow....just maybe. Anyways, I want to try it and I'm want to join to get any inspiration or ideas...hope that's ok. And if anyone can help me with ideas, that would be awesome. Oh yeah, I'm a fruit lover and have figured out that I'm eating way too much fruit and not enough veggies ☺️
  • CAAndrews1
    Options
    I've been looking into it and trying to research (along with a friend of mine). Think I need more research but need to do something. I'm on so many meds and in pain which makes it hard to workout (even though dr's are like, workout it'll help and lose weight); uh, yeah no problem. I take 5-7 steroids a day and in the past couple years have went from like 140 or 145 to 167 and sometimes more. Something has to change and sometimes I feel like, if I could just clean my system out somehow....just maybe. Anyways, I want to try it and I'm want to join to get any inspiration or ideas...hope that's ok. And if anyone can help me with ideas, that would be awesome. Oh yeah, I'm a fruit lover and have figured out that I'm eating way too much fruit and not enough veggies ☺️

Fruits and keto don't mix in most cases unless you are in more of a maintenance phase. It has everything to do with limiting the amount of insulin you allow your pancreas to produce from the glucose you supply it (sugars and carbs). The important thing to note is that your carbs come from your veggies, but you want to make sure your veggies are the cruciferous kind as they contain less natural sugars and more fibers and minerals. Also, fat is your friend!!!! It is necessary to convert yoir body to fat burning. When you deny the body of glucose and the pancreas no longer can create insulin, it pulls glycogen from the fat stores to convert into energy and thus the body burns the fat stores for fuel. Best of luck as you find your way. It truly is up to us to do our own rsearch and homework rather than simply following anymore. Keto isn't always right for everyone and everyone isn't right for Keto. I know it is working wonders for me and my health though as I am no longer on any meds after a few months and i physically feel better and more energetic.
  • CAAndrews1
    Options
    How is everyone's day of keto going? With starting an egg fast today, I figured I would input my starting weight of 241. I am going to attempt this thing for 5- 7 days. I can tell already that i am eating too many eggs because i just ate lunch and am already a little over 200 calories from my daily total. They say not to focus on the calorie count and only worry about the fat and protein macros. Those are on point and I definitely feel full. I think tomorrow i will drop it down some and probably go back to intermittent fasting while doing this thing. Anyone done the egg fast and notice anything similar or have any tips?
  • aditimathur
    aditimathur Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started keto diet just today and I'm feeling amazing. I am not hungry, did not get the starved feeling at any time during the day, my energy levels felt high and I'm just happy to get though one day so easily. I want to lose 10kg and I am looking at getting all the help and motivation I can get. Glad to find this group. Let's do this!
    (Also, I hope I can carry this for a month at the least)
  • CAAndrews1
    Options
    It really is an enjoyable way to eat sustainably. A word of advice... for the first 2 or 3 weeks, try and avoid some off the keto substitute items until you really get the hang of it and actually get into ketosis. Don't spoil yourself with keto breads and things of that nature. It could stall you. Best of luck and glad you have had a successful first day! Keep it up!
  • cmrogers2
    cmrogers2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to start the Keto tomorrow.
  • leptiric90
    Options
    Going strong,today is my 4th day and i get full really quickly.You have to stay on track,first few daays are dificult but after that you wouldnt want to spoil effort.I am wishing you streinght just try i how you would love it.Best feeling ever.You will get body you desirved.