I'm new here! :) Post and I'll add you!

Options
Kolaghan
Kolaghan Posts: 14 Member
Hey everyone! I'm Sylvia and I'm 21 from Canada :) ! I'm new to this app but I've been trying to lose weight for a while now! Basically I want to be the same weight I was a few years ago... Somehow I gained 15 pounds out of nowhere. I think that would be the "freshman 15" since I'm a student. I love eating junk food etc, especially chips :pensive: haha. I've just started restricting my food, and starting yesterday my calorie intake. I would love some fitness buddies who are going through the same struggles so we can motivate each other and help each other through this!! Comment and I'll add you! :smile:

Replies

• Jen777Hen
    Jen777Hen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good morning Sylvia! I am a 54 year old grandma of 16! I have been on this journey since I had children (29 years ago). I would love to encourage each other. I really want to be at a healthy weight and STAY there. I used to eat junk food now I would rather eat vegetables and fruits. It has amazed me how my eating as progressed over the years.
  • Kolaghan
    Kolaghan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Jen777Hen wrote: »
    Good morning Sylvia! I am a 54 year old grandma of 16! I have been on this journey since I had children (29 years ago). I would love to encourage each other. I really want to be at a healthy weight and STAY there. I used to eat junk food now I would rather eat vegetables and fruits. It has amazed me how my eating as progressed over the years.

Congratulations on keeping up your journey for 29 years! That's amazing! I hope I can stay committed for that long, and I hope we can motivate each other to keep going :smiley:
  • dboydst1
    dboydst1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too!! I'm also 21! Just using this to get into shape for once. I need some
    Muscles!
  • jremory
    jremory Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me.
  • summerresolution
    summerresolution Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You've picked a good place for added motivation. I lost 50 lbs here a couple years back. Sadly, I gave up MFP and promptly put half that back on. Anyhow, I'm a daily logger with no negativity.
  • dianapacilio
    dianapacilio Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm new too! Just graduated from college last year and trying to lose 20lbs to start.
  • Befitorbesorry
    Befitorbesorry Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This app works! Unfortunately, when I stopped using it I added the weight I lost back on. Every time I want to eat something I enter it first just to see how that would affect my daily log and it definitely helps you make better choices! Good luck on your journey!
  • KayButterfly
    KayButterfly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Sylvia, welcome! Best of luck on your journey.
  • Sparks1130
    Sparks1130 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there Sylvia! My name is Kaela and I'll be 21 this September! I know how it can feel to gain the freshman 15, but mine became the freshman 25.