Calorie intake:

Options
wyliee2
wyliee2 Posts: 3 Member
What should my calorie intake be? I am 5ft weighing 106.

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Plug info into MFP . Get a scale. carefully log for 1 month. Assess results vs goals in 1 or 2 months
  • MattDelR
    MattDelR Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this formula is for men only but I use:

(body weight in kg x 26.1) + 370 = BMR x 1.333 (moderately active) = TDEE is maintenance so add or subtract calories if you want to lose or gain.

(bmr - basal metabolic rate)
    (tdee - total daily energy expenditure)

If you don't want to do that, there are calculators like this all over the interwebs. There are different formulas so it will vary, but all will be in the ballpark.

https://healthyeater.com/flexible-dieting-calculator

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Plug info into MFP . Get a FOOD scale. carefully log for 1 month. Assess results vs goals in 1 or 2 months

One minor addition above. Also, only shoot to lose 0.5 lbs per week when you enter your stats into MFP.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    MattDelR wrote: »
    Not sure if this formula is for men only but I use:

(body weight in kg x 26.1) + 370 = BMR x 1.333 (moderately active) = TDEE is maintenance so add or subtract calories if you want to lose or gain.

(bmr - basal metabolic rate)
    (tdee - total daily energy expenditure)

If you don't want to do that, there are calculators like this all over the interwebs. There are different formulas so it will vary, but all will be in the ballpark.

https://healthyeater.com/flexible-dieting-calculator

Yes BMR calculation is different between genders. Much easier for most to use the MFP settings to determine their calorie goal though.

vh65fl5kaw6b.jpg
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    What is your purpose? To lose, maintain or gain? To become leaner? At 5 feet and 106 you are in a healthy range based on your height/weight.

Assessing what you want to accomplish is important. Since we don't know that, we can't really say. It would be like me saying: I am in Atlanta, GA. Which direction should I travel? If I don't tell you where I want to go, you can't give me directions.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    What is your purpose? To lose, maintain or gain? To become leaner? At 5 feet and 106 you are in a healthy range based on your height/weight.

Assessing what you want to accomplish is important. Since we don't know that, we can't really say. It would be like me saying: I am in Atlanta, GA. Which direction should I travel? If I don't tell you where I want to go, you can't give me directions.

THIS^^ <3