HRM calories burned - better?

Options
hello
is it more accurate to use a HRM to work out calories burned than what MFP thinks the calorie burn is?
will using a HRM be better?
thoughts?
gonna get a polar ft4 to use as interested to see a personal result
anybody else use them?
do you use them whenever you work out?
ta
:)

Replies

• autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    Yes the HRM is way more accurate!! I love mine and yes i use it every time i work out :)
  • kimberlyran
    Options
    HRM is definitely more accurate. I don't workout without one and once you get it you won't either.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Polar FT4...wish I had bought one earlier. I use it when walking outside, or rearranging the house..(we moved our kids rooms around and cleaned, etc) Its' really amazing how many calories you burn and don't realize it. The FT4 is very user friendly. If I can progam it, anyone can :) Ibought my Ft4 off Amazon for 58.00.

Yes an HRM is much more accurate for calorie burn than MFP numbers. Your HRM is set to YOU, the MFP numbers are just estimates.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I wear my polar ft7 every time I do cardio now. I like it a lot. HRMs aren't perfect either, but a whole lot more accurate than MFP.
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    I use the POLAR FT7 ....Love it! It's amazing to watch the calorie burn...It "encourages" me when I'm running to reach a "calorie" burn goal....and seems to be very accurate!
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    thanks guys - thats good to hear - off i go to buy one :)
  • joeygirl84
    joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yes Yes Yes! I Just got my Polar FT4 in the mail and did my first work out yesterday. My calories burned from the HRM were 85 more than the basic setting on MFP! I was really happy with how it worked and it's very comfy. You don't even feel the strap.

I think you'll love it!
  • misshayley1985
    Options
    Once you get a Polar you'll never go back! I am addicted to mine, can't workout without it. BUY IT!!!
  • jagoochie
    Options
    i wanna use it for my workouts at home and for when i walk in my breaks at work to see what my burn and heart is actually doing. interested in seeing if i can do some pole with it too to acuratly track that exercise! :)
  • jagoochie
    Options
    any idea how long the battery lasts?
    also.. odd question... anyone ever work one all day????? lol
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    any idea how long the battery lasts?
    also.. odd question... anyone ever work one all day????? lol

Not sure about the battery.. It all depends on how much you use it.

No, you can not wear them all day as they are not designed for that. They are only designed to work when your heart rate is elevated.