Im having a really hard time :(

Options
Alot of the time i just eat because im bored and not because im even hungry. How can i stop doing this??:brokenheart:

Replies

• ShakeDown1993
    Options
    Alot of the time i just eat because im bored and not because im even hungry. How can i stop doing this??:brokenheart:
  • saskia
    saskia Posts: 31
    Options
    Go out the door as soon as it happens. Run, walk, anything goes. You'll be away from the food and will feel refreshed afterwards.
  • cettefille
    Options
    Go for a walk when you feel the urge to eat something, or chew some gum.

Also it could be you're not drinking enough water? I know they say sometimes you feel like eating but really what your body needs is water.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Find something to do, even something to occupy your hands helps - I took up knitting again - helps me to think of something other than putting food in my mouth.
    Is it a brain hunger (boredom) or tummy hunger? If your tummy feels empty eat something, but if it's just a habit then get active - do something away from foods. Drink a glass of water - helps keep you feeling fuller longer.
    Keep in some healthy munchies - sliced carrot or cucumber for instance, or whatever you prefer BUT NOT UNHEALTHY :wink:
  • Coach2010
    Options
    Watch for the bored thing. If you can, fill your mind with reading thoughtful books (e.g. Classics, The Bible, History, Mystery, etc.), and do avoid TV. as a time filler. I found regular channels it to be a tease for food ~ consider just watching movies :smile:

Oh, if you have something you want to achieve, like playing the guitar or piano; or, speaking a foreign language, or photography...etc. Something not too stressful, but something that you can later enjoy from a creative standpoint helps.

Also, I've learned to stay physically clear of the kitchen when doing anything. I used to work on my dinning table. I now know better ;-)

Hope this helps. . .
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    drink a huge glass of water, or keep a water bottle in your hands so they are busy, sip from the bottle every few minutes :drinker:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Exercise, drink, and break your daily calorie intake into smaller, more frequent meals. :)
    :flowerforyou:
  • CassieNic
    Options
    I keep a tupaware container full of all the gum my son got from halloween. you know those pieces that are good for like 10min, then they get hard. i chew one of those when i find myself staring at the fridge. or ill drink a big glass of COLD water. good luck!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

chew gum! it keeps your mouth busy
  • kbhealthy
    kbhealthy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of water. It helps you get all the liquid you need for the day, but it also makes you feel full. If I feel stuffed, eating doesn't sound do appealing. Good luck!!
  • csantos1182
    Options

chew gum! it keeps your mouth busy

that's what i do, it seems to help
  • Natalievh
    Options
    eat as much as you like but change what you'r eating. find food replacements i say. instead of potatoe chips , opt for carrot sticks, have some raisins, nuts, etc. i have rice cakes in my draw at work, fruit always on hand. i drink plenty of water. when i am at home i take u a hobby. i love sewing so i sew things and clean house "springclean" keep busy
  • Natalievh
    Options
    It's easy to say you're too tired, too stressed, too busy, too this or too that. Too bad. The only way you'll strip away the fat is to start by stripping away the excuses. (unknown):laugh: :drinker: i will drink to that its brilliant well lets make it a herbal tea or a lowfat skinny
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I broke my meals down into specified times - 3 meals and 2 snacks. For example, if I eat breakfast at 7 am, then my snack is 2 1/2 to 3 hours after that, then lunch is 2 1/2 to 3 hours after that and so on. Definitely keeps me from eating extra calories throughout the day. I also plan those meals and snacks so I stay within my calories. I just don't eat if it isn't TIME to eat. Also, gum does work.
  • jaglover04
    jaglover04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Have healthy things to snack on available, like carrots that helps w/ the crunchiness apples w/ the sweet and the gum idea is a good one too i do that!! I also always have water and continually drink it as well!! Stay focused you can do this!! GOOD LUCK :smile: