How long did it take you to lose your first 20 pounds?

Options
newstart1988
newstart1988 Posts: 154 Member
I'm just curious what it is for other people. I started my weight loss journey on May 29th of this year and I've lost 12 pounds so far so I weigh 221 pounds. My goal weight is to weigh 130 pounds. But I'm ready to get out of the 200 pound club

Replies

• shnutzer
    shnutzer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't record my weight very often but it was around 110-120 days (so around 1lbs/0.5kg per week)
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I've averaged around 1.5 lbs a week for the duration. So to lose the first twenty pounds must have taken around 14 weeks.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Around 2 months. I cut out the junk food, used MFP and trained high intensity 4-5 times a week and the weight just fell off (I had plenty to lose, trust me.)
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Over 5 months I think. I still have 30 pounds to go, but I'm in a plateau right now...
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Probably between 3-4 months. That was a long time ago, though. I've kept it off for about 6 years, no problem.
  • DenaManning
    DenaManning Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started going to the gym and making mindful food decisions May 4th but didn't weigh myself or join MFP until May 18th. I weighed in at 325 and gained three lbs that first week. Today is July 6th and my current weight until weigh in tomorrow(I weigh in weekly) is 309. So roughly 6 weeks...not counting whatever weight I may have lost before tracking. My gw is a random number I picked so i have a long way to go.
  • NewBetterBest18
    NewBetterBest18 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I took me 12 weeks exactly. I planned on loosing 1-2 lbs per week. Once I finally started actually eating no less than 1200 calories per day, I started loosing more. Been at this lifestyle change for 17 weeks now. Down 26 lbs with weigh-in tomorrow. Hopefully, I've lost a couple more.
  • kcspm
    kcspm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    3 weeks to lose 20lbs. Just go at a pace that works for you. You got this!
  • OY74NmFGBL
    OY74NmFGBL Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    84 days from 210.5 to 190. And 92 to get to 189. I started with a meal plan for 1200 Cal and did that for ab 11 months.

I think your loss this far has been great! Keep it up!
  • paulwatts747
    paulwatts747 Posts: 60 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    20 lbs = 9kg. That took 33 days from 141kg. Severely curtailing my alcohol intake helped heaps in this. A good deal of it would have been fluid.

By comparison in the last 33 days I've gone from (kg)127.1 to 120.8.
  • Waddellfitness
    Waddellfitness Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    16lbs in a month and a half
  • Waddellfitness
    Waddellfitness Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Was around 80kg now down to 73kg
  • jacquih2981
    jacquih2981 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    20 pounds in 10 weeks but I had over 140 to lose
  • Richardcag
    Richardcag Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Started at 312lbs in Jan 17 and lost my first 20lbs in 5 weeks. At 57lbs now with another 55lbs to go.
  • mirandaworkout
    mirandaworkout Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Still haven't lost anything yet. these stories inspire me though!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!