Kettleworx

Options
I am starting the Kettleworx 6-week workout today and was just curious to see if anyone out there has tried this and what their thoughts were...and if anyone has had success:) I am very excited!

Steph

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I haven't done Kettleworx but I'm a kettlebell junkie! hope you love it!
  • kikislove2
    kikislove2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have not tried it but I've been checking it out for a long time. Please post your thoughts on it when you get started and comment on how you like it. I'm sure it will work out great because mucle toning burns TONS of calories. Good luck.
  • korinanyree
    Options
    I've done it on & off for about 7 months. I started after my last baby (now 9months) lost the baby weight (40 lbs) & kept on going. Looked great and felt better & stronger. You'll notice the difference pretty quickly, I know I did! I moved up to bigger weight fair quickly as well. I use the treadmill or stick the kid in the stroller to "maintain" but whenever a couple lbs. start to creep back up on me I break out the Kettleworx & it works every time.
  • hikerellie
    Options
    I just ordered Kettleworx I hope I get good results!! I've read good and bad reviews so I am going to give it a try myself. Have you tried Kettlenetics?
  • shazzabir
    shazzabir Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love it!! I am just starting Week 5 and I'm really impressed. My body is much more toned and I have lost around 5-6 inches so far(3.5 from my tummy). My muscles are so much more defined. The workouts are great and you can really feel the effects afterwards. I started with a 5kg kettlebell, but I am now using a 7.5kg.
  • lucythe
    lucythe Posts: 33
    Options
    I love this workout as well. I have to admit I'm not consistent enough with it, but you will see results quickly. I can't figure out how to count the calories burned doing this though. Can anyone help with this?
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing my third round! I started w/ a 5 lb., moved to a 7 lb. and now I'm up to a 10 lb. I'm doing week 6 w/ the 10 lb. KB this week.

I've been doing Zumba for my cardio for a year and lost inches, but it wasn't until I started doing KettleWorx that people would actually stop me and say, "How much WEIGHT have you LOST?" So in other words, doing this has really toned my entire body and I feel so much stronger. I've had to work up slowly, and when I moved up to 10 lbs. I did each week twice because it was kicking my behind!

I'm starting TurboFire soon, but I will be continuing some KW to maintain my strength level. I think it's one of the best strength training routines you can do that doesn't cost a lot and does not take up much space. I even took it on vacation with me - very portable!

Hope this helps!
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    I train with kettlebells almost everyday (mixed with bodyweight exercises) and it's awesome. Just add a gymboss timer and I'm good to go. Most of my workout routines look something like this...

50lb kb
    30 seconds 2 hand swings/15 seconds rest
    30 seconds burpees/ 15 seconds rest
    30 seconds goblet squats/ 15 seconds rest
    30 seconds clean & press (R)/ 15 seconds rest
    30 seconds clean & press (L)/ 15 seconds rest
    repeat (total of 10 rounds)
    30 reps of 2 hand swings at the end

I'll do this 2-3 times depending on how I'm feeling with rest in between sets.

I'm not a big fan of kettleworx, but if it gets people to exercise and keeps them motivated then I guess it isn't all that bad. I think kettlebells are the perfect balance of cardio, strength, and conditioning.

Keep it up!
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious about this too! I plan on getting this when I am done with Chalean Extreme.