Fed up!!

Options
I'm tired, i have been losing weight for about 5yrs, i lost the battle in maintaining my weight about 2yrs ago and now i just keep losing hope that i will never loose weight. I don't know what to do or how to keep going. I don't understand my body one minute im losing another im gaining..im so fed up but i need to loose my last 60 pds and i don't know how...

Replies

• AnaA78
    AnaA78 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do workout, swim as well.. just drags..
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I feel you, after my most recent large weight gain (yo-yoing for years) I just have very little hope of ever maintaining a weight loss. My motivation is really low. I can't really get my head around the work its going to take. Have you tried taking a break from losing and just do what you need to maintain at your current weight? 5 years is a long time.

This time I'm taking it slow, not pushing it too hard. At least I've been losing. Hopefully the motivation and knowledge will kick in.
  • AnaA78
    Options
    Sara, i have tried taking a beak and that is what made me gained weight. I've always been a big baby, the biggest size i was a 22 And smallest was a 10 now im a tight 12 almost 14. It seems evwrytime I restart I don't see anything and give up. I don't know why i can't lose weight again.
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You need to eat less than what you burn. That is how you lose weight. Follow what JeromeBarry1 suggested and do it.
  • AnaA78
    Options
    i do workout alot, so now I need to eat less and measure my food??
  • AnaA78
    Options
    Jeremy i changed my seething to 1pd and now my calories increased to 1700, isn't that alot of calories??
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    AnaA78 wrote: »
    i do workout alot, so now I need to eat less and measure my food??

Yes! Exactly! It really works. Once you start measuring, it will all make sense to you. Try it!
  • Hoshiko
    Hoshiko Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Everything @JeromeBarry1 said, and on top of that it seems like you are letting fluctuations get you down and impact your choices. You can't always predict what your body does in terms of water retention and weight loss from week to week, but what you CAN do is:

1) Download a weight tracker app like Libra or Happyscale and use it to learn about your natural weight fluctuations
    2) Give it time
    3) Stick with it

It's a learning process, and the only way to be successful over time is to be consistent and find a system of healthy habits that you can live with.

• AnaA78
    Options
    Ty.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    AnaA78 wrote: »
    Jeremy i changed my seething to 1pd and now my calories increased to 1700, isn't that alot of calories??
    It is a workable and sustainable calorie budget. As hoshiko points out, this will take time and consistency. If you're planning to maintain a calorie deficit for a year, you want it to be livable.... meaning room for occasional treats on top of adequate nutrition.

Also really good advice about the weight trend apps. Don't let isolated data points get you down. Always consider scale weight in context (am I adequately hydrated? Did I eat more sodium than normal yesterday? Time of month? Is the trend going down despite fluctuations?)
  • suzilla53
    suzilla53 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Ana,don't give up that's all I can say. I can see you are young,don't wait till you are a grandma to loose the weight! I did loose 78 pounds as a granny, it took 14 months.My biggest regret is not doing it when I was younger.The book ,the beck diet solution helped me.I constantly keep reminding myself why I want to be a healthy weight, everyday.It was hard, still is, but everytime I pull on those size 6 jeans I'm amazed.please keep trying, you can do it!
  • kdavid1987
    kdavid1987 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Grrl, I have been discouraged too. But success is possible. Stick with your calorie budget and you will succeed. <3
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,720 Member
    Options
    You do need to examine your worldview a little bit like Jerome mentioned. From size 22 to 10 or 12 you're not talking diet and small adjustment, you're talking change of worldview.

And your comment that you're tired after 5 years leads one to assume that you've not found a way to permanently change your relationship with food and movement and acivity which include more than just deliberate exercise.

An interesting trick to consider is eating the calories that a lightly active person at your goal weight would eat. While relying on your current higher weight and perhaps increased activity level to ensure some slow and steady weight loss you will also be training yourself on how you will permanently have to eat in order to maintain your new weight.

By the sounds of it such a change in mental focus away from a diet and into future maintenance may be beneficial...