Help please what % should I have protein carbs a fat

Options
ttdaley78
ttdaley78 Posts: 13 Member
I need to come off my high protein diet for a bit iv lost a lot but I'm struggling now after my long days at work need more carbs lol so how much % carbs fat Protein please going to try a difrent way to lose last stone

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,073 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Macro splits are a personal preference really there is not one rule of thumb. Protein Intake RDA is around 0.8g per kg bodyweight and I believe most health authorities recommend 20-35% fat intake as long as you're hitting the minimums you can tweak until you find your own balance.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Going by percentage, I do 20-25p, 30-50f, 30-50c. I raise or lower c/f ratio based on daily exercise.

Raising your p above 25% (which is already high) does little more than steal calories from f and c, leaving you hungry. Overeating p does not make you "gain muscle," exercise does that.
  • ttdaley78
    ttdaley78 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'll have a go just don't won't to put the weight iv lost back on won't to lose one more stone x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    0.8g of protein per pound of bodyweight

0.35g of fat per pound of bodyweight

carbs the rest
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options

Just so everyone knows: this is about twice the US Recommended Daily Allowance, which is .8g per kg. (Go metric!)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,073 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ttdaley78 wrote: »
    Thanks I'll have a go just don't won't to put the weight iv lost back on won't to lose one more stone x

As long as you're in a calorie deficit you aren't going to gain it back, you may see a rise in water weight when you first change your macros - it's normal.

0.35g of fat per pound of bodyweight

carbs the rest

If you're going by pound bodyweight for Protein it's 0.36g per pound (the 0.8g is based on kg)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Just so everyone knows: this is about twice the US Recommended Daily Allowance, which is .8g per kg. (Go metric!)

the RDA doesn't take into account people doing exercise or in a calorie deficit.

*kitten* metric.....