Gym clothing

Magiclint
Magiclint Posts: 11 Member
Hi all.
Any recommendations on gym clothing for men? I currently just wear a tee and either shorts or track bottoms, but I often see guys wearing what look like leggings or branded clothing for gyms. Can't seem to find decent stuff in stores. Any good online suppliers?

Replies

• cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    I think what you are wearing is exactly right; wear what you are comfortable in and effectively able to workout in whilst wearing.
    I think that sometimes the branded stuff is over done and borders on douchey...sometimes it skips merrily over the line, actually!
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    I wear whatever I am comfortable in. It's not a fashion contest. Keep doing what you're doing.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Rompers will be the way of the future in men's gym attire.

"the future is now."
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    I love gym apparel...I will not go to the gym in shorts and a tee, I wouldn't feel right. Plus I like how gym clothes help with sweating....I hate to feel wet.

Mostly all stores stock gym clothing. Marshalls, Nike Outlet stores, Dick's sporting Goods, etc. You can type in male gym clothes in your search engine and it should bring up options as well.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I am not concerned about fashion and used to go out in a cotton tee shirt and hat to run. The humid weather would have me soaked in no time. I then discovered the new synthetic fabrics like UnderArmor and it made me a believer. This is also true during the winter months as well. The hat from the same material makes it very washable too. The bright colors make me a bit more visible. Having said all that my wife will still tell me my shorts and shirt don't match on a regular basis.
  • Magiclint
    Thanks for your input. I'm not fashion conscious, it's just I end up wet from sweat and don't know if it's worth spending more on the likes of UnderArmor.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Thanks for your input. I'm not fashion conscious, it's just I end up wet from sweat and don't know if it's worth spending more on the likes of UnderArmor.

moisture wicking fabrics are your friend........

remember, this is a UA sponsored site.
  • Carl_Carlson
    Carl_Carlson Posts: 85 Member
    Wear what ever is the most comfortable for you. The truth is most gym goers are so obsessed with how they look to others you won't even be noticed.
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member

Pretty much any moisture wicking fabric will do the trick for the sweat. That said, I really do like Under Armour and Nike gym clothes. I have stuff from Walmart that functions just as well though.

As far as the leggings go...don't wear them unless you think you'd be comfortable in them.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I wear gym shorts and moisture wicking shirts. I just get most of my stuff at Target.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Moisture wicking gym clothing is worth the money.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Gym goal with gym clothes: wear "dry fit" and make it look like false advertising. My gym clothes is usually the first things I grab that are clean, as my laundry is 95% gym clothes!!! It never ends.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    There is a guy at my gym who wears a tanktop and basically a banana hammock
  • Magiclint
    By the names of some of the stores, are most of you guys and ladies US based? UK here so no likes of Target, but UnderArmor sell online so may check out their range.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    By the names of some of the stores, are most of you guys and ladies US based? UK here so no likes of Target, but UnderArmor sell online so may check out their range.

skins bro compression and wicking plus uv protection. Also you look like a power ranger wearing it.

there is a ton of these types of gym clothes on amazon etc