Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How long did it take you to lose your first 20 pounds?

2»

Replies

• jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    I'm just curious what it is for other people. I started my weight loss journey on May 29th of this year and I've lost 12 pounds so far so I weigh 221 pounds. My goal weight is to weigh 130 pounds. But I'm ready to get out of the 200 pound club

I started the week after you and I'm down 7 pounds. 205 to 198
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    It took me a bit more than 20 weeks. Started Jan 3rd, done in may. Slow and steady.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    My mfp start weight January 25, 2016 was 272. During the early months of 2016 I was losing 10 - 12 lb per month, so it took a couple of months for me. Those with the most to lose, lose the fastest the easiest.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,102 Member
    edited July 2017
    Around 4 months for me. I started 1st December 2016 at 255lb (took a break from logging over Christmas as I was travelling a lot) and hit 234.7lb on my official weekly weigh in on 24th March 2017. I suspect it might have been a little earlier if Paddy's Day had not occurred the week before lol.
    0xmvjoq4xhzt.jpg
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    3 months. I'm really starting to push my limits physically and eat better now, so more has happened In the past month as opposed to the other two.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    I've lost 59 pounds and the first 20 took a very short time - maybe 5 weeks? But I didn't weigh myself regularly so I don't know exactly. I just know that 6.5 weeks after my initial weigh in, I was down about 30 pounds. The remainder have taken 6 months.
  • sammie5025
    sammie5025 Posts: 2 Member
    I started keto in March and am currently down 25lbs and 6.5" from my waist. I've got another 16lbs to go to my GW.
  • acmorris77
    acmorris77 Posts: 80 Member
    Two months, Intermittent fasting
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    6 months

(Technically wasn't my first 20 but it was the first 20 in a long while)
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    2 months. The bigger you are the faster you lose. Also age slows it down. Also if you are active.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    First 20 lbs using MFP/calorie counting? Still working on it 18 months later. But I've had a couple falls off the logging truck since Dec 2015, all captured on my profile for posterity/the reminder this time around.

Taking a slightly more militant approach this time around. If including macros and not letting foul ups slide (instead, being accountable to make up the overages) doesn't work, I'm not sure what I will do next to be completely honest.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    I topped out at 335lbs at one point, so when I decided to get back on the wagon for the five millionth time, honestly, I probably dropped 20lbs in the first 3 weeks.

When I was trying to get under 200 my pace was around 2lbs a week.
  • com127
    com127 Posts: 1 Member
    I have lost 15 pounds in 37 days and I am beyond thrilled. I am still guessing a lot so need to purchase a scale.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!