Starting Over

Options
I was disappointed in myself. I started this weight loss journey at 220 lbs to become 150-160 by now and I've lost but then gained. I think I'm the same weight I was when I started now. I felt like a failure but I realized you can start over. It's okay to start over.

But not without a proper plan...AND proper duration.

I still want to be 150-160 lbs and have a body like...I don't know...Korection scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s750x750/sh0.08/e35/16228756_1216075428487995_8201285002839719936_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQzOTYyOTA4MzQ2OTQ1NjE4NQ%3D%3D.2 (it's not photoshop, that's what she actually looks like. She posted a video as proof. She went through a weight loss journey too) or this girl https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/91/79/a1/9179a1968d5bdaef97b14961acbf5b9a--body-inspiration-fitness-inspiration.jpg or even Uche Mba scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e35/14723641_340200963004174_5218107109673009152_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM5NTcxMzYyMTY1NzM2MjIxMg%3D%3D.2 but this time, I want to achieve this in about a year.

I need tips. Anybody wanna give me tips? I'll read your tips. Send those tips my way.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Surgery?

Genetics is mostly going to determine your look. Why not strive to be the best version of yourself?
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same struggle, I lost 66 and gained back half of that. Originally, I had that "last straw" moment that really steeled me to lose. After several years on MFP I've had trouble getting back on a downward slope. One thing that helped me initially was joining a weight loss challenge. A little friendly competition and peer pressure always helps.
  • donna_bendy
    donna_bendy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the same boat I was 174 lb and over a year and a half, using mfp and exercise I went down to my goal weight of 136 lb. 3 years later and I'm heavier than ever now at 186lb and I hate myself. So today I toddled my fat *kitten* off to the gym and joined for a year. And got back on mfp. Hopefully I can do it again but I'm older and more to lose now so it's harder. I have no advice just wanted to say hi and ur certainly not alone. X
  • artluv22
    artluv22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Surgery?

Genetics is mostly going to determine your look. Why not strive to be the best version of yourself?

I don't want to look exactly like those girls but they also went through a fitness journey and their looks inspire me to strive for how I want to look.
  • hunhun57
    hunhun57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I personally have done Kaisers weight loss program. Its of shakes, bars and soups. But eventually I gained the weight back.
    I tried Weight Watchers and it was not working out for me. Tracking points drove me to struggle picking out food to be perfect.
    Over all ... what I have learned from Kaiser is don't eat processed food loaded with crap.
    The food that you eat will either make you or break you. Choosing to eat healthy food and prepping food makes a big difference. But what I learned most of all is you have to make Eating Healthy a Lifestyle Change!!! A Lifestyle change for the rest of your lives. If you don't ... this is why a person goes back to the same way they ate before and the weight goes back on.
    Yes!! Its not easy. But what is!! We are talking about our health and we only have one body so we need to make the best of it.
    Sincerely don't give up,keep trying till you find what works for you. We are all different and what works for one person may not work for the other. You can achieve what your mind believes!!
  • artluv22
    artluv22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Surgery?

mulecanter wrote: »
    I'm in the same struggle, I lost 66 and gained back half of that. Originally, I had that "last straw" moment that really steeled me to lose. After several years on MFP I've had trouble getting back on a downward slope. One thing that helped me initially was joining a weight loss challenge. A little friendly competition and peer pressure always helps.
    I'm also in the same boat I was 174 lb and over a year and a half, using mfp and exercise I went down to my goal weight of 136 lb. 3 years later and I'm heavier than ever now at 186lb and I hate myself. So today I toddled my fat *kitten* off to the gym and joined for a year. And got back on mfp. Hopefully I can do it again but I'm older and more to lose now so it's harder. I have no advice just wanted to say hi and ur certainly not alone. X
    hunhun57 wrote: »
    I personally have done Kaisers weight loss program. Its of shakes, bars and soups. But eventually I gained the weight back.
    I tried Weight Watchers and it was not working out for me. Tracking points drove me to struggle picking out food to be perfect.
    Over all ... what I have learned from Kaiser is don't eat processed food loaded with crap.
    The food that you eat will either make you or break you. Choosing to eat healthy food and prepping food makes a big difference. But what I learned most of all is you have to make Eating Healthy a Lifestyle Change!!! A Lifestyle change for the rest of your lives. If you don't ... this is why a person goes back to the same way they ate before and the weight goes back on.
    Yes!! Its not easy. But what is!! We are talking about our health and we only have one body so we need to make the best of it.
    Sincerely don't give up,keep trying till you find what works for you. We are all different and what works for one person may not work for the other. You can achieve what your mind believes!!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10574796/starting-over-and-more/p1?new=1
  • mhigdon35
    mhigdon35 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yup I started at 246, got down to 125, goal weight was like 115 and I never made it. Now I'm back hovering 140 139 :(

I'm trying to stop but it is sooo much harder than before. I think a huge reason was I moved and lost my routine. And living in NYC is a walkers paradise, I was never bored. Now I work from home and live in a drivers area so just eat and wallow in self pity.

We can never give up. I will add you as a friend and maybe we can motivate each other.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It is great to look at others for inspiration, but as mentioned you have to be realistic.. genetics has a lot to do with those physiques. While bodybuilding can help shape the body and create curves, it will not give you those goal proportions unless you have a certain predisposition for certain shape.

My tips would be to start small, don't restrict too much or try to do too much. I would use MFP to track your food and eat in a deficit, get adequate protein, follow a lifting program, fit in some cardio, and keep things simple.