Options
    fysbyk005ofj.jpg
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    HyeKarma wrote: »
    I hate when this happens.
    z36a6rtgpsy8.gifu29i12a2pcuc.gif

My Mom's dog does this. We say, "Oh, look! Rocky's scooching his butt glands!" or we pretend to be Rocky and say, "Don't mind me, just gotta scooch my butt glands."
  • beagletracks
    Options
    4sf8gp90lxe7.jpg

What he does at the dog park.. lays on the bench and watches the other dogs play. :'(

Awwwww! So cute! <3<3<3
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options

My Mom's dog does this. We say, "Oh, look! Rocky's scooching his butt glands!" or we pretend to be Rocky and say, "Don't mind me, just gotta scooch my butt glands."

When I feed my pomeranians, I've been putting a tbsp of whole canned pumpkin, with the wet/dry kibble combo. My girls did have butt-gland issue 2 years ago. And the vet told us pumpkin is good fiber. And that those glands have to be "expressed" .....ahh yep.
  • beagletracks
    Options

When I feed my pomeranians, I've been putting a tbsp of whole canned pumpkin, with the wet/dry kibble combo. My girls did have butt-gland issue 2 years ago. And the vet told us pumpkin is good fiber. And that those glands have to be "expressed" .....ahh yep.

Yeah, they take him to get this done... he still scooches every once in awhile, but not often.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    My Mom's dogs Buddy and Rocky

rnk8f3oxyc34.jpg

So that's the notorious schoocher. They look happy to be out and about, in such a nice place. :)
  • bassfishingirl
    bassfishingirl Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Too hot to go out & play, so I'll just catch a nap.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Too hot to go out & play, so I'll just catch a nap.

Rub that belly~!
  • hillaryflicka92
    hillaryflicka92 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

What he does at the dog park.. lays on the bench and watches the other dogs play. :'(

It might be too hot for him to play. He looks hot. It may be worth it to have his coat shaved in the summer (Depending on how you do it). I did that with one of my old dogs.

I thought about that, but it turns out that dluble coated dogs shouldn't be shaved. Long as they undercoat is knot free it provides insulation in heat and cold!
  • beagletracks
    Options
    My Mom's dogs Buddy and Rocky

rnk8f3oxyc34.jpg

So that's the notorious schoocher. They look happy to be out and about, in such a nice place. :)

Poor Rocky! He doesn't scooch very often; it just cracks us all up when he does. He has a good life and a pretty healthy butt :)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    eqqv3q4tjxvg.jpg
  • beagletracks
    Options
    I <3 Bunches!!!