How are you with moderation?

Options
2»

Replies

• dointime
    dointime Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    To me, moderation is just a dream. I like to think I can eat my favorite foods in moderation, and sometimes I even do it. Then I go back later and scarf down the rest of whatever it was that I thought I had power over. Of course, most of the time I just chow down on it all at once. I understand the concept of moderation, I just can't apply it. Everyone preaches moderation like it's the easiest thing in the world, and for some it is. I'm just not one of those people. And the ones who can manage moderation generally think that the ones of us who can't just aren't trying hard enough. I've tried. REALLY hard. It doesn't happen for me. So deprivation is the way to go for me.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    To me, moderation is just a dream. I like to think I can eat my favorite foods in moderation, and sometimes I even do it. Then I go back later and scarf down the rest of whatever it was that I thought I had power over. Of course, most of the time I just chow down on it all at once. I understand the concept of moderation, I just can't apply it. Everyone preaches moderation like it's the easiest thing in the world, and for some it is. I'm just not one of those people. And the ones who can manage moderation generally think that the ones of us who can't just aren't trying hard enough. I've tried. REALLY hard. It doesn't happen for me. So deprivation is the way to go for me.

I think I love you. I'm so glad a couple of people posted about not being good with moderation, I was starting to think I was on my own!
  • dointime
    dointime Posts: 103 Member
    Options

I think I love you. I'm so glad a couple of people posted about not being good with moderation, I was starting to think I was on my own!

I was worried I'd get ripped on for this, but I know the people who can manage it just don't understand those of us who can't. I know there are others out there like us!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty good at moderation with most foods. Ice cream is my one downfall and I shouldn't keep it around.