2»

Replies

• tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Me:
    Height: 5'5"
    Start: 269
    Had to stop for a while at 235, but luckily didn't gain.
    Now: 193.6
    Goal: 160

Started 6/2005. Lost 12 pounds in the first three weeks, then it was up and down. Was down to 235 by 6/2006 and sudden severe health issues made me stop for many years. I'm very lucky I didn't gain anything back.
    Restarted 3/1/12, joined MFP. As I said above, I'm at 193.6 now, 41.4 pounds down from restarting on 3/1/12, and 75.9 pounds down from 6/2005. Since re-starting, I have shed pounds every week except one. I didn't start off fast like I did when I was at my higher weight. I have been shedding at different rates depending on the week. Some weeks, I'll have lost 0.6 pounds. Some weeks, I'll have lost 2.6 pounds. I seem to lose 5-8 pounds per month. This month isn't going as quickly though. I'm hoping I'm not right around the corner from a plateau....
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great question :)

Just had to say...LOVE the adipose userpic! :D /whovian
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Female, 27, current 208, started at 216, joined approximately 9/7/12
  • brenda4life
    brenda4life Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Female
    47 yrs
    Ht. 5'2
    Start Date 8.8.12
    Start Wt 197.5
    Current Wt 191.6
    Goal Wt 136

I seem to lose about 0.5 lb a week. I am working out 6 days a week )cardio HIIT 3 times a week, weights 3 times a week) I can see the outline of muscles forming, but that is replacing the fat so the scale victory doesn't appear as fabulous as I feel.
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Height 6'0"
    Age 57
    Start 250 lbs
    Now 173 lbs

Started a few (6 or 7) years back - took 18 months to lose the weight
    • I did Atkins for the first 35 pounds - weight fell off - But I missed pasta a lot soooo...
    • Switched to WW and lost another 15 pounds - but finally realized diets are restrictive soooo...
    • I joined MFP and did something really crazy called DIET & EXERCISE for the rest of the weight loss
    I am training for my 1st Sprint Triathlon right now. It is on July 23. Goal is not to be dead last haha
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    The first big junk you loose will be mostly water. It's not unusual to loose 5-10 lbs that first week or two. But what most people don't realize is that they haven't lost anywhere near that much fat. They don't look different. There measurements are not much different. They are just defining themselves by a number on a scale that they really don't understand. Depending on how much you have to loose, 1-2 lbs per weeks it a healthy, sustainable amount to lose after that big drop.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I believe I lost about 4 pounds the first week- mostly water (husband lost 8 the first week). After that I consistently lost around 5 pounds a month for the first 5-6 months, and then hit a plateau. I have hypothyroidism and even talked to my doctor about why I couldn't lose on 1200 calories a day (eating back half of my exercise calories). She just shook her head and said that my TSH levels were within normal limits and that I shouldn't try to get back down to what I weighed in high school and that I was in a healthy weight range. Well, I was at the very top of the range, plus I'm a small frame so for me it was really too much- I wanted to be in the middle, but I digress. Anyway, I changed some things up- tightened up my logging and started losing again- about 3-4 a month. Then I was having a very hard time losing the last 10. I believe that last 10 took about 6 months no joke. For the last 5-10 I increased exercise intensity, added intervals, and stopped eating back exercise calories.

Age - Just turned 50 this past week
    Height - 5'4"
    SW 180 in July 2014
    GW 125 reached in March 2016
    CW 134ish

I'm trying to maintain now at a 5-7 pound range but I'm up a bit over that presently. Watching what I eat and making healthy choices, exercising 5-6 days a week is now my life and will not change. But that's fine. Figuring out the best maintenance calories has been the most challenging I would say. My clothes still fit and that's more of a gauge to live by than anything else. Plus with getting older being too thin makes me look older (no fat to fill in the wrinkles!) so I'm okay with a little extra.
  • nissarayna
    nissarayna Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Start weight - 151
    Current weight - 123.5
    Goal weight 105 - 115
    Age - 45
    Female
    Height 5'2"
    Today is day 167

I only weigh once a week, in the beginning it was anywhere from 1lb to 4lb a week loss, last month or so it's 0.5 to 1.5 loss a week, I've slowed down on the walking due to the heat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!