Shorties like me under 5'5 positive vibes only!

Options

Replies

• jcj170927
    jcj170927 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 198 looking for a motivational buddy as well ! :) Feel free to add me
  • bralbrmc
    bralbrmc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    5'1 and hoping to lose 30-40lbs. Im a yoyo-er too. The short life is tough on the scale! A 5lb gain looks like 15lbs on me but on the up side the weight lose is noticable sooner. I'm on regularly so add me if you like.
  • musclesandmusic866
    musclesandmusic866 Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    How is everyone? I lost my way and motivation about a month ago. Today I sucked it up and decided to get back on track. I would love to see where everyone is at on their journey so far. Unfortunately I have to start all over again

Your back to it and that's what counts!!
  • ann66mfp
    ann66mfp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im.shorter then.most of you im.only.four foot ten
  • Notsohot7
    Notsohot7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    5'2"....got 70lbs to shift. Feel free to add me.
  • amhuerta
    amhuerta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 5'. I need to lose about 40 more pounds but am focused more on how my clothes fit. There was a time I needed to lose 60 pounds so I am definately moving in the right direction. I would love some new friends who are encouraging and where I can encourage back.
  • jenniferj0417
    jenniferj0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bossymom15 wrote: »
    I feel like I'm just treading water....haven't gained haven't lost. Trying to get back to tracking more regularly and I need to cut back on the wine!!! Feel free to add me.

I can relate. Unfortunately I have gained weight! I'm just really trying to get back on track! Wine is my weakness! Lol
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    kyucifer wrote: »
    I'm 5'4" and my doctor tried to take an inch away and tell me I was 5'3". I fought back and made the nurse re-measure! :lol:

One motivation related to being short: My 6'3" boyfriend always calls me "tiny" and "little one", which makes me feel precious. Lately, when he's been calling me those nicknames, I felt bad because I do NOT feel tiny or little AT ALL. I love that he still sees me that way, but I want to feel that way too.

Lol! Omg I thought I was the only one! That extra inch definitely counts!!! lol I know what you mean. My fiancé does the same thing. Except I feel fat not little like he sees me
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    5'4. Totally is easier to gain weight! On the plus side, when we lose weight it shows a lot quicker on us than someone who is 5'10. I am 3 lbs away from my goal weight (which I may lower another 5 lbs, I didnt expect to make it...EVER) and it is so hard to get down there because I can't help but eat at maintenance levels!

Great job on your weight loss so far! I hope to reach my goal weight soon! It just seems so out of reach at times.
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    jaricayork wrote: »
    I'm 4'9 before I had my baby I was at a perfect weight but now I just feel fat all the time. I decided it's time to change my view on my body.

Awww you're so fun sized! You can do it. I know it's hard when you feel fat. I feel fat all of the time. I don't even want to leave the house sometimes. But as you've said if we change how we see ourselves it will give us the motivation we need to improve.
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    How is everyone? I lost my way and motivation about a month ago. Today I sucked it up and decided to get back on track. I would love to see where everyone is at on their journey so far. Unfortunately I have to start all over again

Your back to it and that's what counts!!

Thank you!!!
  • PISTASZCZUK
    PISTASZCZUK Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I too am short 5 2.5 the half inch is very important
  • efrisse
    efrisse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" with 50 lbs to lose. My biggest barrier has just been how impossible it seems at the start. The number just feels so insurmountable. But I stayed within my calorie goal yesterday. So, that's a start. Anybody else look at how many calories someone who is 6ft tall can eat and get jealous? Lol.
  • blondeandfeistyAF13
    blondeandfeistyAF13 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'3 and while I have already lost 46lbs, I would like to lose another 40-50lbs. I am in the same boat as you - I have yo-yo'd for many years. I lose some, and then something happens and I gain it all back. I am working to make these healthy changes a lifestyle rather than a diet! Feel free to add me for motivation. I am pretty active on MFP, and my food diary is open to view :smiley:
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    I too am short 5 2.5 the half inch is very important

Lol yes it is!!!!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    efrisse wrote: »
    I'm 4'11" with 50 lbs to lose. My biggest barrier has just been how impossible it seems at the start. The number just feels so insurmountable. But I stayed within my calorie goal yesterday. So, that's a start. Anybody else look at how many calories someone who is 6ft tall can eat and get jealous? Lol.

That's my problem as well! It seems so far fetched!!!! But we can do it! Yes all of my best friends are y'all. They can eat anything they want! Meanwhile I have to exercise twice as much and eat half as much just to lose a pound :(. You're off to a great start so keep it up! I know you can do it!
  • jenniferj0417
    Options
    dbadgley13 wrote: »
    Hi! I am 5'3 and while I have already lost 46lbs, I would like to lose another 40-50lbs. I am in the same boat as you - I have yo-yo'd for many years. I lose some, and then something happens and I gain it all back. I am working to make these healthy changes a lifestyle rather than a diet! Feel free to add me for motivation. I am pretty active on MFP, and my food diary is open to view :smiley:

Wow! Congrats on your weight loss so far! That's amazing! And yes the yo-yoing is one of my biggest problems!!! Adding you now!
  • Krri
    Krri Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow shorties! I have been on MFP for around 3-4 years. I am successful when I log consistently and stay mindful of my food choices. I am 50 years old and have managed to lose 30 lbs. The GREAT news about being short is every pound that is lost shows! Your results will be more obvious and your clothes will feel great more rapidly at your height. This has been a huge motivator! Best of luck my "short" friends!
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", looking to lose 20 lbs. I've got similar issues with weight, it can be a pain to lose the pounds and then maintain weight once you reach your ideal. What's been working for me is planning out my meals ahead of time, so I can make sure they're a healthy balance of protein, fats, and carbs. I also do Pilates, which has been helping me get lean and more toned.
  • TH2017
    TH2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Question for Shorties with a current or starting wait over 150, what calorie range have you experienced the most success with? MFP usually recommends 1200 calories or something near that for shorter folks but have you have better success with a higher calorie limit?