I got drunk last night

Options
I got drunk last night and went HAM in the kitchen around 2-3am. I totaled up the calories this morning including booze and all the munchie food and it came out to almost 1700 calories! After picking my jaw up off the floor and coming to terms with the mistake I had made, I looked at he calories I have left for the day and it's about 270. Should I stick to this number? I'm half tempted to just drink lots of water and have a protein shake later. Thoughts?

Replies

• bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories MFP tells you and chalk it up to a one night thing.
  • nightkit6
    nightkit6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Exactly why I quit drinking,lol.
  • kels_lyn14
    kels_lyn14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bogwoppt1 wrote: »
    Eat the calories MFP tells you and chalk it up to a one night thing.

That's what I'm thinking too! Thanks!
  • kels_lyn14
    kels_lyn14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    nightkit6 wrote: »
    Exactly why I quit drinking,lol.

Yeah, I've never totaled up the calories before. Now I know where those extra 40 pounds came from during college.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Eat ypur daily calories like you normally would. Don't punish yourself, you ate over your calories by at most 500, relax. Have you looked at your weekly calories, are you under for the week?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    1700 calories over for one day = about 250 per day for the week. This will reduce your loss by .5 lb for the week. Not a big deal. Just cut back a little each day this week to help even it out.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    just do some extra cardio and make up for it throughout the week...your day will be terrible if you try to only eat 270 calories
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    If it was me, I would aim for 250 cals under goal for a few days. You might find you're not as hungry today, so you can eat fewer calories than your goal easily.

I get the alcohol munchies, too, so I limit my alcohol consumption these days - it's just easier to not drink much!

~Lyssa
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good reason to stay away from alcohol.
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good reason to stay away from alcohol.

Or just have one.