Calling all runners

Options
What app do you use to track your runs? I have Runtastic and Endomondo but just trying to see what everyone else uses

Replies

• ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I use MapMyRun and Strava. The distances are the same, but for some reason when synch to MFP Strava gives me more calories burned. Although I have an injury right now, so I'm not running.

• JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Garmin watch, with the data uploaded to Strava.
  • juanwilly
    juanwilly Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Combination of Garmin Vivosmart HR+ and Runtastic, since I was already using it for many years when purchased my Vivosmart! Both are good!
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Garmin forerunner35 with Garmin connect. Need to check out Strava and runtastic. But I'm kind of a newbie, so don't take any advice from me :smile:
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Garmin FR35 that uploads automatically to Strava, also have a Flex 2 for sites that reward steps. Find the Garmin/Strava combo consistently gives me 500 fewer Calories a day than the Flex2
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    Garmin which uploads to Running Ahead. It has good logs, so I track runs, walks, biking, shoe wear, etc.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Nowadays I use a Garmin Forerunner 735XT, previously a 210XT.

When I used my mobile my preference was Endomondo as I was using the training plans.
  • RhiAndy11
    RhiAndy11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    garmin app and links to strava :smile:
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    For apps, I use Runkeeper and Charity Miles. I use a Garmin Fenix5s for my primary tracking though (it does more to track training load/effect/status/etc. vs just distance/time/pace).
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I also use my Garmin watch and upload my data to both Garmin Connect and Strava. I like Garmin Connect for tracking (mostly because it has years worth of my running history), but I also use Strava because it has a nice social aspect for sharing/comparing/socializing with running friends, and even strangers that may run your same routes (if you choose).
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Runkeeper seems to give me the most accurate calories and distance
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Years ago I used a Polar watch. Later I switched to my smart phone and tried all the apps. I settled on Endomondo for about a year. I tried many times to make it work together with my HRM, BT headphones, and various watches (Android Wear and Pebble) and had some success. However the failures were frequent enough that I finally had enough and switched to a Garmin 630. While it also has some issues, it is WAY BETTER than trying to make all the different gear work together. I'm 99% certain I will never go back to an app.
  • Charlene_1985
    Charlene_1985 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've used Runtastic Pro for 5 years. I don't sync it to MFP and use my Fitbit for syncing instead. I'm happy with it and I like the audio feedback. There are tons of screen settings- space for 4 items. I use distance, time, average pace, and current pace.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What app do you use to track your runs? I have Runtastic and Endomondo but just trying to see what everyone else uses

Garmin forerunner 225
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    I started running with no app, because I didn't own a smart phone. Running convinced me to get a smart phone, and the best of the free apps at that time was RunKeeper. Or maybe MapMyRun, it's been a while.

When I got more serious about training, I had to get a Garmin because the apps couldn't do sophisticated enough intervals. And I muffed starting the app at the beginning of a couple races. Having a GPS watch fixed those problems, and also solved the problem of the phone's battery dying before I could complete a run in the winter.

Garmin automatically stores the data in Garmin Connect, and I have that automatically synced to MFP and Strava. I won't be going back to apps; the battery life alone is sufficient reason to use my 630 instead of my phone to record running.
  • Waddellfitness
    Waddellfitness Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Seems like the majority of all the runners use a Garmin. I had a garmin about 10 years ago before they had smartphones lol but been using my phone for years since I like to listen to music and figured I have to bring my phone anyway. I have used Runtastic for about 2 years and recently found Endomondo and have been thinking about subscribing to the premium so I can use the interval training
  • wutaday1
    wutaday1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have used mapmyrun in the past. Currently using my Garmin which I love.
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Endomondo, I pay for the premium mostly because they have support for the Windows Phone platform and I am experimenting with the training plan. No other tech yet, still looking for the right one.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Garmin Forerunner 235 with Garmin Connect linked to Strava.
  • Waddellfitness
    Waddellfitness Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Agator82 wrote: »
    Endomondo, I pay for the premium mostly because they have support for the Windows Phone platform and I am experimenting with the training plan. No other tech yet, still looking for the right one.

I actually just purchased a year subscription to the premium so I can take advantage of the training plan, seems pretty good from what I seen. Start week 1 day 1 tomorrow on my plan