Roast chicken?

How can I know how many calories is in a portion of roast chicken? I like to have the leg and some dark meat with the skin but it's hard to know how big a leg the generic measurements are for. Also I can't weigh it as it has the bone. Any tips? I love a roast chicken on a Sunday and rarely make it because I don't know how to count it.

Replies

• _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    They make food weights
  • Tashlovesfood
    Tashlovesfood Posts: 51 Member
    Weigh it... eat it.... Weigh the bone... subtract bone weight.
    Yeh but then you can only know in hindsight you can't plan how much you are going to have
  • janedoedont
    janedoedont Posts: 11 Member
    Take the meat off the bone, then weigh it.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Take the meat off the bone, then weigh it.

That's what I do.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    This is the sort of thing that will get easier with experience. You pre-log what you think the serving will be to get an idea, and then you go back and correct your log with the correct weight to have an accurate record.

If you want to know exactly how much it is before you eat it, you would have to take it off the bone and weigh it.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    This is the sort of thing that will get easier with experience. You pre-log what you think the serving will be to get an idea, and then you go back and correct your log with the correct weight to have an accurate record.

If you want to know exactly how much it is before you eat it, you would have to take it off the bone and weigh it.

I pre-log and correct often, it works well for me
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »

I pre-log and correct often, it works well for me

oh yeah! pre-logging lets you know if you can eat more or less without going over your macros by accident. Cannot trust your eyes to judge what is the true amount.

• Tashlovesfood
    Tashlovesfood Posts: 51 Member
    Cool thanks!