Where did my butt go , lol

Options
13»

Replies

• tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bad news for you. Your genetics are going to determine how fast and where you lose the wait and the fat. Yes you can do exercises to tone it up but it will only help so much.

Learn to embrace the new you congrats on your success so

I am trying, but my mom is 71 and still has a nice butt lol.Ahhgh. I just got some kettlebells cheap at a yardsale lol, maybe i can do something with them. I am so clueless it is pathetic :#
  • tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I forgot to mention, I have no access to a gym, so no weight bench, any way to do hip thrusts without?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    tufntender wrote: »
    Bad news for you. Your genetics are going to determine how fast and where you lose the wait and the fat. Yes you can do exercises to tone it up but it will only help so much.

Learn to embrace the new you congrats on your success so

I am trying, but my mom is 71 and still has a nice butt lol.Ahhgh. I just got some kettlebells cheap at a yardsale lol, maybe i can do something with them. I am so clueless it is pathetic :#

The kettlebell swing should become your friend:

https://www.onnit.com/academy/1-exercise-that-fixes-99-problems/
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    I like the cable lunges and the forward push ups. Inventive.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,528 Member
    Options
    tufntender wrote: »
    Oh, and I forgot to mention, I have no access to a gym, so no weight bench, any way to do hip thrusts without?

Sure. Look at the YouTube videos. Stable couch or chair - heavy, or backed up to a wall, is a fine bench substitute, for hip thrusts. Start with bodyweight for form, and add almost any manageable heavy household thing when you're ready to add weight. Eventually, you'll probably need real weights, but you can start without them.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Deadlifts for life!

*Squats are so overexposed these days but yeah they're great too.

Hip thrusts are supposed to be amazing but I honestly just can't be bothered.

The hip thrust has changed my life... and my booty. Try it !! :)

Me too, I had a flat but even before I lost a lot of weight. Hip thrusts helped me more than squats.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Your butt is prolly hanging out with my boobs on the beach somewhere. They ditched me last year when I lost a mere 15 lbs. Didn't take much for them to pack up and leave. *kitten*.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts for life!

Heavy hip thrusts helped my deads out too.

OP, I got back into lifting after hiking a lot and seeing some nice changes in my butt. Yay!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Luna3386 wrote: »
    Deadlifts for life!

Heavy hip thrusts helped my deads out too.

OP, I got back into lifting after hiking a lot and seeing some nice changes in my butt. Yay!

Meh... they didn't help me at all.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem, but I started having pain in my left hip due to a torn labrum from running. I did 4 weeks of PT because I was diagnosed with the injury right before my vacation to Machu Picchu (last week). Then I spent 8 days climbing around 7 different Incan archeological sights and walking around in cities where all the streets are steep hills (like in the photos below). My butt isn't so flat anymore. Climb stairs, walk up hills, do one leg deadlifts, one leg hip bridges, and one leg squats and you should start to see some flute definition.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    butt totoally non existent after losing over 100lbs.. hurts to sit :neutral:

Me too!
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Heavy weight training and more food