Slimmer waist...

Options
I have seen many before and after pics where, specifically women have significantly slimmed their waists, thus giving them more of an hourglass shape... I have broad shoulders and a semi-masculine build, and always thought that that would be impossible for me to achieve without some kind of surgery, but seeing certain before and after pics leaves me thinking otherwise... My abdominal area has always been my best and consistently maintained area, with my legs being my worst... So I definitely do abs every day, but maybe there are some exercises that focus more on the sides that I am unaware of??... And I'm sure a more strict and consistent diet is a must... And cardio...

Replies

• mehreen_xo
    mehreen_xo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The only way to achieve a slimmer waist is to stay in a calorie deficit. Exercising only helps you to achieve that deficit, the calories burnt from which can be partially eaten back.
  • pmoloney1
    pmoloney1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Working out your sides won't give you a slimmer waist. I have more of an athletic build with broad shoulders and he best thing for making my waist look slim is working on my shoulders and my legs/butt. I'm not bulky by any means, but with strong shoulders and legs you'll give the appearance of slimmer waist.