Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Break plateau

I am stuck at a plateau for about 2 weeks. I am eating more fruits and veggies and increased my activity with no results. I drink about a gallon of water a day. Any suggestions???

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    2 weeks is not a real plateau, so I would advise you first be patient and push through. If you see no results in 6 weeks then its time to re-evaluate. Also, depending on exactly what you mean by increasing your activity, this could result in water retention that will mask loss.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    It's not a plateau. You increased your activity, so you're probably holding on to more water weight than usual. Give it another week or two and if you don't start losing, then you'll need to look at your logging to see what you can tighten up.
  • dwald1544
    dwald1544 Posts: 4 Member
    It has been extremely warm here upper 90's and inter triple digits. Wondering if this could have something to do with not loosing???
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,110 Member
    dwald1544 wrote: »
    It has been extremely warm here upper 90's and inter triple digits. Wondering if this could have something to do with not loosing???

I'm swollen and have gained this week in a heat wave so I definitely think it affects weight. I started a thread and found others have had similar experiences