HELP!!! I went over my calories. DEVASTATED!!!

Options
Hi I'm kim and I'm new here. I'm 42 and 5ft 6". I started my journey on April 28 2017 at 222lbs. I'm now 189lbs. I want to get to 150lbs. I've been sticking to 1200 calories a day which has worked well. I don't exercise aside from part time job and chasing 3 kids around :). But I'm so mad because I had about 1900 calories today and I never go over but I was soooo hungry today for some reason. Hungriest day yet actually. What will this do to my diet? And how do you overcome going over your calories for the day if you are this hungry? Also I'm going on vacation next week and my kids will kill me if I spend the whole time on my phone googling calorie counters and nutritional info for restaurants etc lol so any advise on any of this? Thanks

Replies

• mllr1328
    mllr1328 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's okay! We all need a break sometimes. That's my opinion on the subject anyways. As for calorie counting at restaurants I believe most have their calories listed on the menus these days. If not just watch your portions. I've realized it's much more enjoyable when you don't turn it into a chore. Stay consistent but don't wear yourself out.
  • kimberley1975mfp
    kimberley1975mfp Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ok phew. I get super mad at myself. I've been big for so long that the least little thing makes me think I've failed. Funny I'm down 33lbs and feel bigger than I use to. I think I'm just realizing how I let myself get to that point. Any advise on the vacationing. What do people do when they are away and eating out more at places they aren't familiar with?
  • kimberley1975mfp
    Options
    Ok I'll just try and enjoy the vacation without making calories my focus :) thanks
  • mllr1328
    mllr1328 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Don't be mad yourself either. 33 lbs down is HUGE! You're doing great. There's so many people that would love to have lost that much.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    For vacation, I try to make better choices in restaurants. Pick up snacks at a grocer along the way. Walking more = bigger cushion for deficit. So personally I don't track. I have lost weight on my last 4 vacations, although, it was only a couple pounds on this last trip.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Just be aware that a 3lb loss a week is kind of considered a little extreme for weekly weight loss. If MFP didn't give you 1200 calories, you could consider upping your calories.
  • kimberley1975mfp
    Options
    Yeah it said 1567 but that seems high doesn't it
  • kimberley1975mfp
    Options
    But then when I put in my goals etc it told me 1200. So not sure what I should be eating to be honest
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options
    Not at all. I'm currently at 2150 myself.
  • kimberley1975mfp
    Options
    But you must weigh a lot less than me right?
  • kimberley1975mfp
    Options
    Oh really? Ok. Well maybe I'll try that. Might help with the hungry and occasional dizziness
  • kimberley1975mfp
    Options
    Thank you :). Yes I may increase it cause the general consensus is it's too low. And yes they will have to get over it. I just don't want to spend the whole time doing it and then miss out on the vacation itself :). Gotta find the balance I guess
  • kimberley1975mfp
    Options
    I didn't set per week I just put 150 for the overall goal and then it said 1200. But prior to that before I put a goal it said 1567
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options
    I didn't set per week I just put 150 for the overall goal and then it said 1200. But prior to that before I put a goal it said 1567

1-2 pounds lost a week seems to be a good average, anything more and you could be losing too much muscle mass along with fat. I had set mine to one pound a week, but some weeks I seem to be losing 2. Which is fine with me, I'm not gonna argue that :)