retaining water?

jend114
jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
Ok since I cut out soda and started drinking all water (and still my 1 cup of coffee in the morning) I feel like I've gained weight. Am I going to retain water first and then lose?

Replies

• SeanC86
    SeanC86 Posts: 88
    You could. How often do you work out? When you do work out, how much do you sweat? If you feel like it's not a lot, then give it more time. Chances are, you'll end up using the bathroom a lot more, or sweating more while working out. But trust me... you'll see improvements over the next few weeks. :)
  • Hswindells28
    Hswindells28 Posts: 13 Member
    I'd like to know that too.
  • Well, be glad it's just water weight. We all need water in our bodies. It's the healthiest thing. I had a friend that cut down all sugary drinks and started drinking water and she dropped inches FAST! Keep it up and don't lose faith! :)
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    To a degree, your body is likely habituating to the added water. You might also want to check your sodium levels to make sure that isn't the culprit. Sodium will cause you to retain water.

Fortunately it won't last forever and you should start flushing it out fairly soon.
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Probably. I went through that... I gained 3 pounds in 3 days from the result of high sodium intake and water retention. It took me over a week to lose those 3 pounds but it's caused me to watch my sodium and drink drink drink more water!