Loose skin

Options
Azura_Jade
Azura_Jade Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2017 in Success Stories
Guys you only get loose skin if you loose weight too fast. Did you know your only supposed to loose 1/2-1lb a week?!?! I've talked to my Dr about this because i was worried about it too. Shes also the one who pointed this app out to me!

Replies

• pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    This isn't always the case, if your skin has been stretched for a long period of time and you are older and you are genetically predisposed you may have loose skin regardless. I have lost 48 lbs averaging 1-2lbs a week and currently have some loose skin, though I am hopeful it will tighten up over time as the skin under my chin was loose for a while but is now non-existent.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The majority of the loose skin I have is from pregnancy. It was there before I started losing and it hasn't really changed 65+ lbs later.
  • kyle_risi
    kyle_risi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Azura_Jade wrote: »
    Guys you only get loose skin if you loose weight too fast. Did you know your only supposed to loose 1/2-1lb a week?!?! I've talked to my Dr about this because i was worried about it too. Shes also the one who pointed this app out to me!

This is not true.

Maybe you should elaborate?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!