Need all the advice I can get

Options
Okay so let me tell you my story
I have lost weight twice before on two different occasions.

If any one needs help understanding what stone is ill explain here 1 stone equals 14 lbs

So the first time i lost weight I started at 14 stone and managed to lose 2 stone then gained like nine pounds back and maintained that for a while

Then the weight started to creep up again and I managed to put on all my weight again eventually.

So then I was 15 stone yeah i know its painful to even type this but anyway .As I was 15 stone in January 2016 I managed to lose 2 stone 5 pounds by the time it was August 2016

So then after that I just went back to old ways again and stopped tracking everything on this app and now sadly Im back to 15 stone again and its july 2017

So i put back on 2 stone five pounds in 11 months unfortunately.

So im here to tell the story and start back again for the last time hopefully. We are in July now so I hope to have 2 stone Nine pounds gone by the end of December

So guys please help me get back on track for the third time

Any advice would be great I really want to burn this fat for the last time and keep it off

All tips for weight loss needed .And yes I am extremely dissapointed in myself .But let me say this app helped me lose 2 stone 5 pound before because I tracked everything and I loved this app so im back to use it again

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I think you need to stop dieting and start looking at making sustainable lifestyle changes
  • Gibby349
    Gibby349 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think you need to stop dieting and start looking at making sustainable lifestyle changes

Yes I agree
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    A bit of advice I can give you is don't look at it as a diet but a lifestyle change. It reads to me as on both occasions you lost what weight you wanted to and then went back to old habits and put it back on, you want to keep it off for life right? Then make small changes over time that you can keep to for life.

I have lost about 5.5st now, managed to maintain my 5st lost for a year and am now back in a deficit to lose the last st. I've done that by making small changes, I don't cut any food out but will critically assess whether something is worth my calories and I've done this slooooooowly and I won't lie and admit that life has gotten in the way over this time and regained and lost that weight again but overall it's a downward trend, I'm in no rush.

Find what works for you and is sustainable for life. You know how to lose the weight you have done it twice, you just have to work out a way to keep it off.
  • Gibby349
    Gibby349 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Duchy82 wrote: »
    A bit of advice I can give you is don't look at it as a diet but a lifestyle change. It reads to me as on both occasions you lost what weight you wanted to and then went back to old habits and put it back on, you want to keep it off for life right? Then make small changes over time that you can keep to for life.

I have lost about 5.5st now, managed to maintain my 5st lost for a year and am now back in a deficit to lose the last st. I've done that by making small changes, I don't cut any food out but will critically assess whether something is worth my calories and I've done this slooooooowly and I won't lie and admit that life has gotten in the way over this time and regained and lost that weight again but overall it's a downward trend, I'm in no rush.

Find what works for you and is sustainable for life. You know how to lose the weight you have done it twice, you just have to work out a way to keep it off.

Thanks so much
    Started off my day today with a grape fruit and you know what I feel so good
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The only advice you need to take is "don't stop tracking everything on this app".
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to stop wishing for luck and hoping to lose weight. Your didn't lose and gain weight by accident, you know how you lose weight, and how you gain weight: through consistently, over time, eating less or more than you burned. But you only know how to lose weight in order to regain. My second piece of advice would therefore be to not do it the same way this time, but educate yourself on sustainable habits, learn to be patient and set realistic goals. Set up MFP correctly with your stats, eat food you like, log everything, and hit your calorie goal. Don't try to be good, or to be perfect, don't cut out anything unless it's really hard to not overeat. My third piece of advice would be to not have an end point. Use the weight loss phase as a preparation for maintenance. Maintenance is for life, and life is full of challenges, so you need all the training for real life you can get.