How do you feel about full body workouts every day?

Options
Some people do full body workouts most days, and some people swear to working different parts of the body on different days, which I know lets the group of muscles recoup, which makes sense to me. So I am wondering what the benefits are of full body workouts on most days, or when to do them, when not to do them, etc, because I personally like how I feel after a full body workout. And as far as fit and muscular bodies go, I have seen great results from both approaches. Your knowledge/opinions?

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Full body workouts are fine......................but not everyday. In most cases I don't have clients do them more than 3 times a week.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    What niner said
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Remember: Muscles are torn in the gym, fed in the kitchen and built in bed. Sleep is the god of recovery!

Your muscles need rest to grow, that means give them time to recover from one day to the next. As you progress from full body workouts 3-4 days a week to 5-6 days a week, split your body up. Do upper body M/W/F, lower T/T/S, and true rest on Sundays.
  • OKNY21
    OKNY21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said...I personally split and have found better results this way. I train legs twice a week but everything else once. Two days of rest a week.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Really depends on what you mean by full body workout. If heavy lifting then 3x a week would be plenty. If circuit training with light weights then most days would be fine. Ultimately comes down to intensity and volume.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    The full body programs I've seen are no more than 3-4x per week. Any more and I think you would start to have less than optimal results and have recovery issues.