1200 calories on Keto way of life

Options
katgo9623
katgo9623 Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I'm a 65-year-old woman who had a physical job as a Verizon cable splicer. I since retired and put on weight. Now I'm on 1200 cal keto diet

Replies

• katgo9623
    katgo9623 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I lost 13 pounds in a month on the keto diet. My calorie intake should be 1200 cal but I and up with 700 to 800 do to not going over my macro numbers. Is anyone else on the keto way of life.
  • EllenCrane1
    EllenCrane1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How do I find out about the Keto diet?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,541 Member
    Options
    katgo9623 wrote: »
    Hi I'm a 65-year-old woman who had a physical job as a Verizon cable splicer. I since retired and put on weight. Now I'm on 1200 cal keto diet
    Or you could just be more physical again.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome. :)

Most keto'ers are in the Low Carber Daily MFP group. You'll find lots of info and support there.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

• JalapenoBaby
    JalapenoBaby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm interested in learning more about the ketogenic 'diet' and keto-community groups. Which are the better recommended food tracker apps? How do I track 'macros' while working a busy schedule? How do I know if I'm in ketosis and getting enough hydration and micros/nutrition? I'd appreciate feedback from any who have maintained keto-induced weight loss for 6 months or more. My goal is to get back to 120 lbs where I feel my best. Keto-tips are appreciated here. Thanks!