Jillian Michaels- How to know my calories burned???

Options
How do I know how many calories (or guess) that I did with the DVD Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack abs? I have been searching and see many different recordings. I listed under circuit training, but is there a better way or does anyone know how I can record it better?

Oh and today was day 1.. OMG.. it kicked my butt!!! lol

Replies

• drummerbabe
    drummerbabe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love all of her workout dvd's. I use circuit training general for the calories burned.
  • Pappabacon
    Pappabacon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I think the best way would be with a hrm, that's how I started figuring mine out doing Insanity. I found I was burning much more than I was accounting for using the "high impact aerobics" entry.
  • renderol
    renderol Posts: 21
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 day shred. I use circuit training regular as well. However i recently got a pedometer and it is about 30 calories lower than that estimate.

So my best suggestion is get a heart monitor or pedometer....
  • amasul
    amasul Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The best way I have found to figure the most accurate caloies burned is to wear a heart reat moniter like Polar while working out. It will keep track of yor heart rate and calories burned. At the end of the workout it will tell how long you worked out, avg heart rate, and total calories burned. Knowing your heart rate while working out is key in figuring out calories burned.
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]737229.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • texakin20
    texakin20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Are the moniters expensive? Do you get them at WalMart and such?

Thansk for feedback!!! :smile: