Depression & Diet

Options

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Of course you're gonna be depressed. You're getting fatter when you probably don't want to.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Thank you captain smart *kitten*. But, if you would have read the article, you would have seen they were talking more about how certain chemicals in food trigger certain emotions.
  • Nessi37
    Nessi37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Very interesting, one more reason for me to go out and get a multi vitamin!:smile:
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I also find too that when I'm not eating right I don't have the energy or really the drive to workout. So not only is my body lacking the energy it needs from food, it missing out on the endorphins from exercise!
  • ghost1531
    ghost1531 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yeah. I've read that if you're on a calorie-restricted diet, you should take vitamins to supplement the nutrients you might not be getting.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Of course processed food and the crap inside it makes people feel low and depressed and can get them overweight. theres no fresh vitamins or minerals in these foods. Their hormones are probably all imbalanced and must be deficient in a lot of nutrients if people carry on eating this way.

Its common sense really. eat better = live better, i avoid processed food as much as possible but once your overweight and feeling quite low about it, its hard to get over the stress of trying to lose it, even if you are doing all the right things.
  • nichpatt
    nichpatt Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you! Thought this was very informative. Have been feeling a little depressed here lately. Going to add more healthy fats to my diet. I have the Omega-3 supplements in my cabinet...just need to start taking them.:happy:
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Thank you captain smart *kitten*. But, if you would have read the article, you would have seen they were talking more about how certain chemicals in food trigger certain emotions.

HAHAHA!!! That's Major to you missy! And I did read the article. It is common sense though. Now the fats part was new to me. It wasn't meant to be an attack or "duh" comment. I was merely stating a fact that if you eat nothing but processed foods, you will get fat. Hence, start feeling down on yourself. So take a chill pill. We're all in this together.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

HAHAHA!!! That's Major to you missy! And I did read the article. It is common sense though. Now the fats part was new to me. It wasn't meant to be an attack or "duh" comment. I was merely stating a fact that if you eat nothing but processed foods, you will get fat. Hence, start feeling down on yourself. So take a chill pill. We're all in this together.

I wasn't getting upset, I was just stating that you are a smart *kitten*. I posted this because I know that personally I find that certain foods do trigger certain emotions. If I eat anything too carby I get tired and emotional, if I have caffeine I get restless and *****y, etc. But people just starting out might not be at a point where they are able to identify that certain foods trigger certain things, I know that I didn't. To some people, including me in the beginning, it's just "If I lose weight I will feel better. I can eat whatever in moderation" mentality and they don't understand why they've been doing that, losing weight, but still don't feel any different. I'm stupid tired today, so I hope that made sense.
  • Twasney
    Twasney Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I've read that if you're on a calorie-restricted diet, you should take vitamins to supplement the nutrients you might not be getting.

Just a word of caution...you need to discuss your food intake and such with your doctor before you take multivitamins. My Neurologist has advised that one of the reasons that people can get PTC (pm me if you want to know about it, but lets just say it sucks and you could lose your vision permanently) is from taking multivitamins when its not necessary. Better just to take B and C if thats what your missing than to overload your body with A (the culprit!!) and other things like Iron etc.

My team truly believes that if you are eating correctly and balanced you will not need multi's!! Just my two cents....
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I'm fascinated by how foods drive certain functions of your body, like mood. Does anyone know any good books on this topic? All the ones I've seem are too "science-y" for me to get into.
  • ghost1531
    ghost1531 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks! That's good to know! :)