2»

Replies

• P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Bump
  • arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Quaker Mini Rice Cakes are delicious!! They have tons of flavors, and they are filling in my opinion. The have flavors for every craving-sweet, salty, tangy, hot/spicy. We took little sandwich baggies that were pre-measured and had the calorie count written on the bag to help us remember. Enjoy!
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich cut into 4s
    Popcorn
    Fruits and Veggies
    Special K Crackers
    Granola Bars
    Sugar Free Pudding/Jello
    Yogurt
    Baked Chips
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Where is your cabin? I'm heading to my cabin in Michigan on Sunday! I'm envious of your drive... I'm in NC so the drive is 14hrs!!
    [/quote]

My cabin is in Crosslake, MN - and 3 hrs is my limit! 14 hrs - yikes!! Have a fun, safe trip yourself! Where in NC are you from - I have family in Raleigh.

Thanks to everyone for all the fabulous ideas! I have SO many options now - what to choose - what to choose! :)
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    Where is your cabin? I'm heading to my cabin in Michigan on Sunday! I'm envious of your drive... I'm in NC so the drive is 14hrs!!

My cabin is in Crosslake, MN - and 3 hrs is my limit! 14 hrs - yikes!! Have a fun, safe trip yourself! Where in NC are you from - I have family in Raleigh.

Thanks to everyone for all the fabulous ideas! I have SO many options now - what to choose - what to choose! :)
    [/quote]

I'm in the Chapel Hill area! :] Enjoy your trip!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    We're heading to my in-laws' cabin in the White Mtns. this weekend. It's a 4 hour drive from Tucson and we usually end up hitting one of the fast food places at the half way mark, which isn't good. There isn't anything else for the length of the trip because much of Arizona is pretty much uninhabited. I think I'm going to take some of these suggestions, myself. :)
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    Thanks for all these great ideas! We are driving to Wyoming next week for a 10-day vacation! It's a 20+ hour drive as we're in Wisconsin... going to be a looooong ride!
  • SaraSweetheart
    SaraSweetheart Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Turkey jerky, or big cheif jerky isn't too bad. Licorice isn't the worst thing in the world for you either (it's about 140 cals per 3 pieces), as long as you don't eat the whole bag.
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    Cherries. Spitting the seeds out the window [remember to open it] becomes an artform. :tongue:

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • fudgebudget
    fudgebudget Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Invest in some audiobooks. They help with the boredom.

Seconded! I've driven cross-country 7 times in the last 3 years (and had 900+ mile trips an additional 4 times) and audiobooks have totally saved me from eating out of boredom. I get in the car with a giant unsweetened iced tea and a good audiobook and I'm fine until I have to make a pit stop. Also, having something to look forward to helps if you're on a long trip - I stop for photo ops on a pretty frequent basis and still make good time.
  • fudgebudget
    fudgebudget Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all these great ideas! We are driving to Wyoming next week for a 10-day vacation! It's a 20+ hour drive as we're in Wisconsin... going to be a looooong ride!

I did a road trip through there a couple of years ago on my way to an internship in Yellowstone - Badlands National Park in SD and Devil's Tower in WY may both be on your way, depending on what part of WY you're going to - I recommend them both highly!
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    On our last trip we took apples and small to go containers of peanut butter. Almonds, trail mix (with peanuts, m&m's, raisins), pretzels, sandwichs thins in case we wanted to spread the peanut butter on one. The Fiber One 90 bars are great! Carrot and Celery sticks, spread some laughing cow cheese on your celery - yummy! Frozen grapes is a wonderful idea, I'll have to try those and audio books on our next road trip next month. Our kids are 9 and 12, so always looking for something different for them too.

Have fun and drive safe!
  • WhomII
    WhomII Posts: 24
    Options
    I LOVE the White Mountains. We were so sad when we heard about the fire recently. We haven't been there for years but boy I can remember how BEAUTIFUL it is. And who says Arizona doesn't have mountains? GORGEOUS!!
    Have fun!
  • DrSketch
    DrSketch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas here! I spend a large part of my day in and out of my car, and don't usually have time to eat a real meal, so any car-stable snacks are much appreciated. It becomes very difficult in Nebraska summers, we've been averaging around 105F outside, much hotter in the car!