What do you do for a living?

Options

Replies

• Penguinita
    Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Office Assistant
    & Starting September I'll be a full time graduate student focusing on Occupational Therapy
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Office Assistant
    & Starting September I'll be a full time graduate student focusing on Occupational Therapy

My wife is an OT, she loves it.

I wish she wasn't an OT though because they tend analyse everyone. When we were dating she'd be like " You realize your arms are not proportionate? Your range of motion sucks. Your gait is out of whack." Man, by time she got done with me I thought I was deformed. :grumble:

Pays fairly well though.
  • Penguinita
    Penguinita Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Office Assistant

My wife is an OT, she loves it.

I wish she wasn't an OT though because they tend analyse everyone. When we were dating she'd be like " You realize your arms are not proportionate? Your range of motion sucks. Your gait is out of whack." Man, by time she got done with me I thought I was deformed. :grumble:

Pays fairly well though.

LOL I was very analytical after my 4th psychology class as an undergrad, I found traces of various illnesses and complexes in everyone around me (including me). I'll make sure when I'm dating a guy not to point out things like that, don't wanna push him down depression by telling him he has low muscle tone or something. LOL
  • msbeavert
    msbeavert Posts: 75
    Options
    I am a judiciary clerk in the superior court system. Mostly I handle bail, child support, probation and civil work; as if that's not enough. Do I love my job? Meh...some days yes, some days not so much. It's easy to get burnt out and we see quite a bit of nasty stuff being in a criminal courthouse.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I spend 10 hours of my day explaining s**t to people.
  • lkm02196
    lkm02196 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm a registrar at a county historical society. At least for now. Our county commission is trying to take away all of our funding, so I'd be out of a job then. I do love my job. And it's got extremely flexible hours, which is very important with my health issues.
  • mrstotal180
    mrstotal180 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Teacher's Assistant/Student
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I manually *kitten* zoo animals for insemination purposes.

damn. wish I'd thought of that one when travelling. Our challenge was always to come up with an obscure job. I was a biscuit tester and then a horse masseur.

For real though I am an architectural conservator - historic sculptures, plaster ceilings etc. I get to climb around in roof spaces and dig out dirt and fix beautiful things.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I really am a ninja. My clients pay me to kick them, punch them, and yell at them. I have the greatest job in the world. :)

do these clients have a 'safe' word to use when things get a bit too much??????? :blushing:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Stay home dad and husband first and foremost. Personal Trainer 2nd.
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Full-time college student going to school to become an Elem. Teacher :bigsmile: I volunteer my time during the school year at this local Elem. school near my house :heart:

M.
  • Kappyoc
    Kappyoc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Im a legal assistant and I love it. Every day is different and at times, it very challenging. You wouldn't believe what people sue for! LOL
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Financial quality assurance analyst for the department of defense, Air Force.
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Unemployed.. used to be a therapy aide in a psychiatric hospital, now September 7th I start nursing school full tine
  • pamela1129
    pamela1129 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Immigrant Family Liaison, Homeless Education Liaison and Interpreter for our school district. Basically I work with immigrant families, help the homeless kids and interpret meetings when needed.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Prison guard
  • Brent_Arthur
    Options
    I own a camera store and a professional photo lab. As a photographer from age 12 it is the ideal job for me. I love cameras and everything to do with them and love helping others develop their passions also.
  • mrsmichellewilson
    mrsmichellewilson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I co-owned and managed a promotional products company for 7 years. Lots of screen printing , signs and awards. Lost most of my hearing due to some meditcation so we sold the business. Now I am semi- retired and enjoying life. I still do screenprinting and signs but as a hobby now.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    RETIRED PRESCHOOL TEACHER, DAYCARE OWNER, NANNY!!!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Proud stay-at-home mommy of five beautiful children. Best job I ever had!!