What was your aha moment that made you finally start a weight loss journey?

Options

Replies

• SoUl_ReBeL2021
    SoUl_ReBeL2021 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I was on alot of medications got off them and dropped 30 pounds in no time. My daughter showed me this App and I absolutely love it! Been doing this for a few years and have loss 124 pounds so far. Still need to lose 34 pounds... once I dropped the weight from not taking so many medications that really clicked in me that I can do this!!!
  • OkieSam
    OkieSam Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    When I noticed I had back boobs,that were bigger than my front ones
  • cforsyth617
    cforsyth617 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When I was down to four outfits that I could fit into for work and none of them were pants. This was in December and we had lots of snow last year so I was tired of being cold all the time. Also I and was getting really bad chafing in the waist area from the clothes that"fit" and I was too cheap to by new clothes
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    When two years at the gym four times a week rendered zero results
  • SundropEclipse
    SundropEclipse Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Metabolically I've been healthy for years which made it easy to ignore, but when I got to the top of the stairs (just 14 steps) my knees were aching. It was a real eye-opener because I wasn't even 30 yet and my bones felt 70 years old. I started picking up more produce and fewer chips & soda, but I didn't actually take action until a couple months later following a near nervous breakdown (oddly enough not related to my weight). Lost 60lbs over five months, regained 7-10 (it yoyo'd) over the next four months but was mentally okay with it because I had expected it since I didn't have the money for a gym membership and obviously you can't swim in the winter.

My second aha moment was about six weeks ago. The rest of winter and spring was extremely horrible (in a nutshell, a whole lot of batshit crazy from family that hubby and I haven't been able to escape) and I just stopped caring. I stepped on the scale one morning and realized I'd regained a total of 35lbs since last fall. Started making dietary adjustments, then when I was laid off four weeks ago I decided to take the "impromptu vacation" to get myself back on track.
  • 911Doughboy
    911Doughboy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    having chest pains while sitting on the couch and watching tv....getting tired and winded after walking from the fire truck to the front door of a house...being in shape and feeling like i can do anyhting, then getting injured and out of shape and feeling lazy/tired all the time
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!