Elbow pain

Options
2»

Replies

• beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Yes, your triceps and/or forearms are probably tight. Roll them out in a lacrosse ball multiple times a day. It hurts but its so worth it.
  • Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yes, your triceps and/or forearms are probably tight. Roll them out in a lacrosse ball multiple times a day. It hurts but its so worth it.

Cheers. I stretch out my forearms before working out.
    I got a tennis ball here I roll my triceps with that
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options

Cheers. I stretch out my forearms before working out.
    I got a tennis ball here I roll my triceps with that

That's great! You should also do it after your workout. If you're having pain try rolling them out 3x a day. I was recently in a car accident which exacerbated my elbow pain and now I'm working with a sports Chiropractor to fix it. He's done muscle manipulation, grasting, dry needling and e-therapy. It's not fun, but slowly my triceps are loosening up. He tells me I need to roll it out 3x a day. It helps a lot. I do it 3x a day until my arm is all bruised then I give myself a break
  • johnmurrayus1
    johnmurrayus1 Posts: 8 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    While performing daily activities your body need proper support. If you neglect pain in your elbow it can become chronic tendonitis. So it is advised by doctors to wear elbow compression sleeves for tendonitis if you want to cure your elbow pain. It will not only reduce pain in your elbow but will also help in faster recovery from present injury.
  • Movemoreguy22
    edited September 2017
    Options
    While performing daily activities your body need proper support. If you neglect pain in your elbow it can become chronic tendonitis. So it is advised by doctors to wear elbow compression sleeves for tendonitis if you want to cure your elbow pain. It will not only reduce pain in your elbow but will also help in faster recovery from present injury.

The pain has gone now mate. Think I just needed rest and I believe I was doing too much pushing. Pushing ups dips more push more dips bla bla bla
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    May I ask a silly question.....

Sounds like the issue is likely from dips. But.....

Do you also do back squats? I did not see anywhere in this string anything on squats. Squats can kick the snot out of your elbows as well.....just thinking out loud.
  • Movemoreguy22
    Options
    May I ask a silly question.....

Sounds like the issue is likely from dips. But.....

Do you also do back squats? I did not see anywhere in this string anything on squats. Squats can kick the snot out of your elbows as well.....just thinking out loud.
    Yeah I do squats not heavy ones thro due to spine disc issues.
    I mostly do bodyweights now learnt the hard way and don't want to go back that way
  • mwd1764
    mwd1764 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Outside forearm are outside of elbow is tennis elbow, inside of elbow is golfer's elbow. Both of these are a result of overworking your biceps and triceps. It's the connecting tendons in your elbow that are being stressed. Used good elbow lifting straps or sleeves and always isolate your wrist by using wraps as well. No need to stop lifting just decrease the amount of weight being used and start building up your reps slowly. Lifting weights and being in shape is filled with fun stuff like this. I always ask myself if this is good for me why does it hurt so much?