What do you like to mix with your protein shake?

Options
BusyMomma_RH
BusyMomma_RH Posts: 16 Member
edited July 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Hey everyone!

I've been drinking protein shakes for what feels like forever haha, but I haven't tried all of the flavors. My favorites include Banana, Vanilla, Chocolate, and Mint Chocolate so far.
Brands that I've used are Total Lean by GNC, Bodyfortress Super Whey (which I'm currently drinking) and Healthy Accents.
I don't mind drinking any of those alone with water, but I LOVE mixing them with other ingredients. Like Bananas, Almond Butter, Chocolate or Vanilla Almond Milk, and all type of berries. Currently I've been drinking my Vanilla Whey mixed with my morning coffee! YUM!

But I'm curious to see if anyone has other recommendations on Protein Powders and/or what they mix them with! :)

I am excited to hear from everyone!

Replies

• ansmit4642014
    ansmit4642014 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I mix vanilla with peanutbutter or pb2 powder. I also love adding bananas but they don't really fit into my macros anymore as I would prefer to eat other fruits Instead.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1c milk, 1 c cooled coffee, and a handful of ice. Not bad!
  • BusyMomma_RH
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1c milk, 1 c cooled coffee, and a handful of ice. Not bad!

That sounds so good! :)
  • BusyMomma_RH
    Options
    I mix vanilla with peanutbutter or pb2 powder. I also love adding bananas but they don't really fit into my macros anymore as I would prefer to eat other fruits Instead.

I feel ya on that! That is one of the reasons why I switched to Banana Powder for a bit, saved me on the calories lol :)
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Vanilla protein powder with a cup of almond milk, 15 grams of peanut butter and 5g of coco
  • fatvegan88
    fatvegan88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Cold brew coffee and chocolate protein. Mocha for the win.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein powder, a cup of berries (blue and black), almond butter and banana. Blended with water. Sooo good I'm always disappointed when it's gone. :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with Greek yogurt (plus fruit or crushed up cookies) or pancake mix to make mug cakes or pancakes. Usually chocolate or unflavoured
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My smoothie today had 35 grams of protein and not a bit of protein powder.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Current breakfast faves...

25-30g chocolate whey protein
    about 250ml almond milk (unsweetened)
    1 banana
    10g peanut butter sometimes
    Sometimes I have the barista chuck in a shot or 2 of espresso - discount for using my own cup even when it already has something in!

25-30g vanilla whey protein
    about 250ml almond milk
    1 banana
    60g frozen mixed berries

I keep meaning to make more interesting things, but never quite get round to it.

I follow Precision Nutrition on facebook (nothing to do with them, no commercial link, I have literally nothing to gain by sharing this, but I got a warning for something recently (didn't say what) so I feel a bit obliged to add the disclaimer here!) and have had their Super Shake infographic bookmarked for ages.
    I'm too scared of another warning to include the link, but hopefully it's googleable...
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Pre-workout - Chocolately whey with iced coffee
    Post workout - Usually a protein blend (currently Combat Powder) with banana and whatever other fruit is on hand (strawberries, blueberries)
    I also mix whey into oatmeal and greek yogurt.
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to peanuts but might look into another nutbutter since they seem to be so popular to mix with. I have done milk in the past but it tends to taste far too sweet for me (I currently have Whey Rich Chocolate and Whey Raspberry) so recently switched to water (with the Raspberry, haven't tried with Chocolate yet) and it tastes better to me. Have tried to blend into smoothies in the past but I must be doing something wrong as the texture turns blegh!

• OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hope, determination, and gas-x. Oh -- and water.
  • BusyMomma_RH
    Options
    My smoothie today had 35 grams of protein and not a bit of protein powder.

What was in it?!? That is an awesome amount of protein!
  • BusyMomma_RH
    Options
    nyponbell wrote: »
    I'm allergic to peanuts but might look into another nutbutter since they seem to be so popular to mix with. I have done milk in the past but it tends to taste far too sweet for me (I currently have Whey Rich Chocolate and Whey Raspberry) so recently switched to water (with the Raspberry, haven't tried with Chocolate yet) and it tastes better to me. Have tried to blend into smoothies in the past but I must be doing something wrong as the texture turns blegh!

Have you tried the Sunflower Seed Butter? It is packed with protein and tastes amazing! :) My daughter's daycare is Peanut free, so for lunch I make her the Sunflower butter and jelly sandwiches. So it's kid approved too ;)
  • BusyMomma_RH
    Options
    Hope, determination, and gas-x. Oh -- and water.

Lol! I like your style! :)
  • BusyMomma_RH
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    Pre-workout - Chocolately whey with iced coffee
    Post workout - Usually a protein blend (currently Combat Powder) with banana and whatever other fruit is on hand (strawberries, blueberries)
    I also mix whey into oatmeal and greek yogurt.

I have to try that! Do you notice a big difference with recovery and muscle growth when you do Pre and Post workout shakes?
  • BusyMomma_RH
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I mix mine with Greek yogurt (plus fruit or crushed up cookies) or pancake mix to make mug cakes or pancakes. Usually chocolate or unflavoured

The sound of a mug cake is making me hungry lol
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Water.