How have I gained weight from yesterday

Options
Worked hard at the gym today sweated loads as I normally do list point one point two of a kilo each day n then bam

Replies

• squishysnail
    squishysnail Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Could be salt retention, water retention, constipation, AF on the way, or any number of things. It's normal to have fluctuations through a day or over a few days. Look for the trend over time, not just a single piece of data!
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Get use to it as your weight will go up and down a few pounds day to day. Just the way it is
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Because weight loss isn't linear.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    No big deal. Ignore it.
  • cazzieclaire
    cazzieclaire Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all ur answers some times I wish I did tennis or somethin but I don't I do judo and very often around my ladies time I gain random point 1 point 4 of a kilo sounds small to some people but that point 1 point 4 can mean I don't get in to the weight group I fight in - had knee reconstruction so I need to look after my body and not just take the attitude of fighting the nxt weight group up due to a very small gain x
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I can add and lose 5 pounds day by day, depending on how I've worked out and what I've eaten. Don't get me wrong, I'm still fat. But those scale fluctuations are pretty normal for me. And it sucks some days, because you feel great, and then you get on the scale and it's a total WTF happened since yesterday!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all ur answers some times I wish I did tennis or somethin but I don't I do judo and very often around my ladies time I gain random point 1 point 4 of a kilo sounds small to some people but that point 1 point 4 can mean I don't get in to the weight group I fight in - had knee reconstruction so I need to look after my body and not just take the attitude of fighting the nxt weight group up due to a very small gain x

that may be, but its still water weight and not fat.
  • livendive
    livendive Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's all about the trends. I weigh in daily and my MFP chart looks like a seismograph, up & down every daily. Once a week though, I update a spreadsheet in which I track my weekly min, max, and average, and that shows me pretty clearly where I'm headed at the time. Last month was not in the correct direction, but I'm now back on track.
    https://imageshack.us/i/pmD935qpp
  • leopardessa
    leopardessa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't stress too much about the scale going up. Our weight fluctuates all the time every day. The most likely culprit for sudden weight gain is water retention. Drinking water can help and tea is also good because it is a natural diuretic.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I would love one of you techy people to make a flow chart for this FAQ.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 62. This past week I've lost 5 pounds. Really?? No, not really, just water weigh fluctuations. Up down, up down. You need to look at the trend.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I also suggest downloading a weigh tracking app if your going to track daily,

I use Libra and its really helped me understand my weightloss. For example, I typically have a big drop every two weeks, but I may go up during the week, overall I am still losing 1.8 lbs a week.

Also water weight will play a big role on the scale if you are weighing daily. If I eat pizza the scale is going to be up for a solid four days before it goes back down, sometimes more.