looking for advice and experience with keto

Options
Looking for advice/experienced opinion...
I thought I was doing so well today. However, according to my fitness pal, as of right now after my light workout, I still have this remaining for my macros:
760 calories
30 fat
116 protein
1500 sodium
58 sugars (?)
1350 goal - 940 food - 351 exercise(biked 10 miles) = 589 net (no weight loss)

can anyone help me out with this? What do I need to do differently?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    I thought I was doing so well today. However, according to my fitness pal, as of right now after my light workout, I still have this remaining for my macros:
    760 calories
    30 fat
    116 protein
    1500 sodium
    58 sugars (?)

Your figures don't seem to add up there? Can you make your diary public
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    1. You add exercise calories, not subtract. Mfp is designed to give you a calorie goal with a deficit already included without exercise. Extra exercise gives you more calories - the amounts may be overinflated so many people suggest only eating a portion back
    2. Sugar is not a macronutrient. Neither is sodium. Both are irrelevant numbers unless you have medical reasons to worry about them.
    3. To lose weight, you need to eat 1350 calories plus exercise calories.
  • ReesyIsLivingOnKeto
    ReesyIsLivingOnKeto Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Add me as a friend. I am down from 220 to 183 since February. It works but you must have patience and stick to it
  • RenfieldX
    RenfieldX Posts: 87 Member
    Options

Exercise adds calories to your goal (although most people don't eat back the full amount as MFP tends to overestimate the calories in exercise). Based on the above, it should be:

1350 goal + 351 exercise = 1701 calories for the day, - 940 food = 760 remaining for the day.

Don't worry too much about macros other than Carbs, Protein, and Fat unless you've got a medical reason to worry about them. For keto specific questions, check out the Low Carb forum group, they're a great resource.
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • tracieibarra30
    tracieibarra30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thank you all! so at this point I am eating enough, just in a deficit which I want to lose weight?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    thank you all! so at this point I am eating enough, just in a deficit which I want to lose weight?

Have you eaten 1350 cals? That is your recommended calorie goal to lose weight without exercise - not something to aim to be under. Eating less isn't a great idea, especially if you're exercising on top of that
  • tracieibarra30
    tracieibarra30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had 1290 today.