How many men are using this app?

Replies

• GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Post a pic of a female butt or chest and you'll find lots of men!

Well said!

And @henrystock01, for the record, I'm a guy. I think you're right, there do seem to be more women active on the forums.

Well, you know how we are. Yak yak yak and all that noise.

An interesting point - do more women than men have issues with their weight? Or are women more likely to do something about it like join MFP? Or are we just more vocal in the forums?
  • nefudaboss
    nefudaboss Posts: 69 Member
    Im a guy been using this app for 2 years
  • nefudaboss
    Men dont exist on the internet.

This explains soooo much! :D

Whatttt we on here we just quiet
  • nefudaboss

Well said!

And @henrystock01, for the record, I'm a guy. I think you're right, there do seem to be more women active on the forums.

An interesting point - do more women than men have issues with their weight? Or are women more likely to do something about it like join MFP? Or are we just more vocal in the forums?

Statistically speaking yes women have more weight problems then men based on the obese United states stats. But men are having trouble as well i think most men would rather focus on bodybuilding strategies then nutrition and im being all my results right here like the women lol.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    nefudaboss wrote: »
    Men dont exist on the internet.

This explains soooo much! :D

Whatttt we on here we just quiet

shhhh the women are talking!

and I know there are lots of men on here, I've many on my friend list. I think they tend to not be as active in the forums though
  • stumpy1972uk1
    stumpy1972uk1 Posts: 13 Member
    edited July 2017
    Yep..im.a guy. Use mfp everyday and also encourage my mates to use it. Weight issues are not gender specific .
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 590 Member
    Occasionally ask a question
    Rarely post on anyone else's thread
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited July 2017
    Just curious... I am wondering how many men are using this app. I looked at the discussion board and most of the entries that I saw were by women.

Funny...calling it an "app". I use the website, never use the app on a phone. Forgot there was one!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    nefudaboss wrote: »

Well said!

Statistically speaking yes women have more weight problems then men based on the obese United states stats. But men are having trouble as well i think most men would rather focus on bodybuilding strategies then nutrition and im being all my results right here like the women lol.

I don't know that they have more weight problems...I think they just tend to want to do something about it more than many men. A lot of the heavier guys I've known never really cared and the idea of dieting isn't "manly"...most, including myself never bother until there's some kind of health issue...and even then, I'd say it's hit or miss...and for me, I wasn't even that much into the weight loss part, more the nutrition and fitness...losing weight was a nice bi-product.

There are plenty of guys here for sure, but many more women.
  • snowyjr1
    snowyjr1 Posts: 18 Member
    Male here.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited July 2017
    :)
    I first read your username as 'peterpuller' which, given the post you were replying to...
    ...made me LMAO.

Note to self: Make app't with optometrist.

Carry on. B)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    edited July 2017
    I figure about 5% of the hundreds of thousands of users are men.

That doesn't sound right if I go by the number of men asking to be my friend

Note your photo. It's socially unacceptable to do what I'm about to do, but you're asking for those horn-dogs to bark at you.

By way of comparison, note my picture. I get very few friend requests from men. :lol:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Raises hand.

Twice.

Because that's how manly I am.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

By way of comparison, note my picture. I get very few friend requests from men. :lol:

FYI: Totally love your picture!
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    I'm sure there are a lot more who use the app than that participate in the forum.

Agreed, while I am female my hubby also uses MFP to log.... but he never uses the forum or posts.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    I have been here for over 7 years
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I figure about 5% of the hundreds of thousands of users are men.

That doesn't sound right if I go by the number of men asking to be my friend

Note your photo. It's socially unacceptable to do what I'm about to do, but you're asking for those horn-dogs to bark at you.

Even though you're "a friend with benefits?" Say it ain't so! ;)