Gained weight but fit into smaller clothes

Options
I was 100 lbs and I couldn't fit into a small size of pants that I bought, now I'm 118 lbs and they fit me perfectly, why is this? I don't work out at all.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    That doesn't make sense.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    The same exact pants?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I lost inches for almost a year after I stopped losing weight. Muscle is a wonderful thing.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Vanity sizing?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    I lost inches for almost a year after I stopped losing weight. Muscle is a wonderful thing.

She says she doesn't work out
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's possible your body shape's changed or that you've lost muscle definition as you've let yourself go a bit. Happened to my mum - went from a pear to an apple. Meant she could fit into a smaller clothes but she didn't look better (she actually looked much flabbier even though it was only a 10 pound gain).
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Puzzling...I'd have thought you would need to have been doing strength training for a good while to see a smaller body but with added weight....
    usually a gain of 10lbs+ means a size up in clothes size.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Were they too big the first time? That would explain it. :p
  • edwilts
    edwilts Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Depending on the age of the clothes, vanity sizing may be a factor. Men's pants advertised at a 32" waist used to be 32". Now they could be 34-35". I've recently bought 30" waist pants and measured them at 33". My former 36" pants were actually 39" - I keep these just to take pictures in.

I always knew that women's clothes used vanity sizing but didn't realize that men's clothes did it to. I naively thought an inch was an inch - it's not like it's a small/medium/large thing.
  • OptimalScaler
    OptimalScaler Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    First thing is to check your ideal BMI and weight for your height and bodyframe.

Your BMI will dictate if you overweight.
  • ChristineE63
    ChristineE63 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your scale is and was accurate?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Are you sure your scale is and was accurate?

Does it need new batteries?