low calorie filling foods?

Options
mattiol4
mattiol4 Posts: 89 Member
I often can stick to the 1200 calorie limit, but feel very hungry at night. I was wonder what low calorie filling foods you eat to keep you full longer.

Thanks you for your input! :)

Replies

• yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Produce!
  • Sgriffin2382
    Sgriffin2382 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I would recommend nuts. Peanuts keep me very fulfilled. Also, if you want a snack, Popsicle brand, sugar free popsicles have only 15 calories and are very yummy, especially on the hot summer days.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Foods high in fiber and/or protein will keep you full.
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Vegetables, fruits, white eggs, cottage cheese and lots of water :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • abbysmommy1
    abbysmommy1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous comment - PRODUCE! Especially things like watermelon and celery that are mostly water. I've also found that Crystal Light has a Hunger Satisfaction mix that you can pour into a waterbottle. It's not half bad, and only 30 calories.
  • Mehagon
    Mehagon Posts: 83
    Options
    I've quite frequently had 3-4 rice cakes to help keep my hunger in check. I've even had that for lunch! Quaker Oats buttered popcorn flavor has 35 calories per rice cake, and it really helps. :) There are other flavors too that are a little higher in calories, but nothing awful.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs!
  • lb7970
    lb7970 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I do a handful of raw almonds or a can of green beans with pepper no salt.
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    I am also on 1200 right now, sometimes for dinner I eat homemade oatmeal made with no-sugar added almond milk , I put strawberries and blueberries on top, maybe one teaspoon of brown sugar. It really keeps me not hungry for rest of the evening. I know it sounds like morning food... :) Also if I am really hungry and it is late, I would eat some cucumber, spinach or romaine salad together, I don't even do dressing. it is like 50 c.
  • sl1mmy
    sl1mmy Posts: 185
    Options
    Since I changed the way I eat, adding lots of vegetables each meal, I find myself somedays having trouble to get to my calory limit. Dont add too much fruits as they trigger appetite. Increase your lean proteines.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Wholegrain bread and lean chicken breasts, tuna, plain white yogurt.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    No offense, but rice cakes are empty calories, all they give you nutritionally is carbs and calories, nothing that will actually make you feel satiated. I'm telling you...fiber and protein...if you are eating something with one or the other or both...it's going to satisfy you. Hard boiled eggs are a great source of protein and only 75 calories.
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    bump....I would like to know this also.
  • Natasha7t2
    Natasha7t2 Posts: 129
    Options
    Since I changed the way I eat, adding lots of vegetables each meal, I find myself somedays having trouble to get to my calory limit. Dont add too much fruits as they trigger appetite. Increase your lean proteines.

I also find it hard to get to my 1200 calorie limit! I'm often full after 1000 calories or less. I eat little and often and have a giant bag of salad with my dinner. After that, i have no appetite. Funny that just 6 days ago I was eating around 3000 calories a day (chocolate, sweets, crisps etc) and I was still hungry!
  • Natasha7t2
    Natasha7t2 Posts: 129
    Options
    No offense, but rice cakes are empty calories, all they give you nutritionally is carbs and calories, nothing that will actually make you feel satiated. I'm telling you...fiber and protein...if you are eating something with one or the other or both...it's going to satisfy you. Hard boiled eggs are a great source of protein and only 75 calories.

Rice cakes have a very high GI and are not recommended for weight loss as they convert to sugar soon after consumption. If you can get them in the USA, Scottish oat cakes would be a better option as they are slow-burning (low GI) and will help you feel fuller for longer.
  • ladybugfrenzy
    ladybugfrenzy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Foods high in fiber and protein will help you feel fuller longer. I learned the hard way.
  • highdesertgirl
    Options
    The Fiber One original cereal is 60 calories for 1/2 c I think, and 14 grams of Fiber. Very filling!!