Anyone with more than 100 pounds to lose?

Options
2»

Replies

• Rebbulingur
    Rebbulingur Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have over 200 lbs to loose. I started at 381 lbs - I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that number. I'm currently down 21 lbs and have decided to have bariatric surgery this fall. I was completely against having surgery for a long time. But this past year has been rough for me. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, diabetes and sleep apnea. It was so bad I couldn't even walk to the sink to wash the dishes without getting winded. But in March I started taking the dog to the park. At first all I could do was walk down to the lake (about 1/4 of a mile) and then sit down while he played. Slowly I built up a tolerance and now we do a mile at least 3 times a week. Its weird, I actually have energy to clean now. The other day I woke up at 7am and started cleaning the kitchen - I mean I took stuff out of the pantry and cabinets and really did a deep clean. I can't remember the last time I had enough energy to do that. Anyway, after doing some research I learned that having the surgery can actually reverse your hormones and cure diabetes. So, I've decided to do it. My A1c dropped an entire point just through diet and exercise and my endocrinologist said that I'm doing so well I can stop taking my medication as soon as I have the surgery. I don't have my surgery scheduled yet, but it will most likely be in September. I'm hoping to loose another 20-30 pounds by then. I know that sounds like a lot but there is a special 2 week liver shrink diet that I have to go on just before the surgery - it helps shrink your liver to make the surgery easier on the surgeon. Its super strict and most people loose about 20 pounds on that diet. So if I can loose another 10-15 lbs before I have to go on that diet then I'll be happy.

Good luck to you and well done on your hard work!
  • ironjay37
    ironjay37 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome, more than a 100 to lose here that I do, been on here 2 weeks, the friends add part and posting meals, exercises, and encouragement has made all the difference that they have. I wish you all the success in the world, I wish all of you good success. Blessings.
  • susanschroeder1223
    susanschroeder1223 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have about 110 to lose and I am just starting. You can definitely add me if you'd like.
  • Selendraco
    Selendraco Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Currently 273, I'd like to lose 100 I think 173 would be perfect for me. Just starting.
  • Nmork21
    Nmork21 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    jmsass83 wrote: »
    I'm looking for friends and support. In particular, I'd like to hear from other people with 100 pounds or more to lose who would like to connect. But any support is welcome! Thanks! :smile:

I gotta' lose 109 lbs. Safe to say I'll need support too for the long road ahead.
  • DevotedToDASH
    DevotedToDASH Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    3 days in and 118 pounds to permanently remove (not losing them for fear of being able to find them again!) Definitely add me if you'd like :)
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I lost 95lbs, i went from 285 to 190. Establishing good eating habits is 80% of it and then just be consistent daily and you're guaranteed success. I lifted at the gym, did 15-20 minutes of running 3-5 times a week and then I ate well. Doing that I lost 65lbs in a little under 7 months, so you can lose it pretty quickly if you just commit to it.

Here i posted a bit of details on how i was able to lose 95lbs (and how i gained 45lbs during the middle of it by sucking). So if i could lose 95lbs total and that 45lbs that i gained in the middle, surely all of you are just as capable.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10421927/285-190-warning-i-wrote-too-damn-much/p1
  • wcsek
    wcsek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to join! I have just lost over 10lbs and need 100 more. I have been using this tracker for the last 17 days or so, and it's been a great help.
  • Newlife7537
    Newlife7537 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I started at 100 lbs and lost 20. It's a long way to go but it will be worth it in the end!!!
  • markond410
    markond410 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have about 120 pounds to lose myself. I've had more than a few false starts :-/
    Anyone is more than welcome to add me.
  • bebop1971
    bebop1971 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Today is day 2 for me! I have approximately 120 ponds to lose and I really hope to stick to this! So, lets support each other and kick this fluff to the curb for good! #fabulous40butcloseto50
  • anubile1967
    anubile1967 Posts: 28 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I had bariatric (VSG) surgery about 18 months ago with a goal of losing 100 pounds. I am down 78 pounds with 22 more to go. I've had a bunch of stalls and setbacks here and there, but I'm in it for the long haul - no quick fixes.

Feel free to add me on here and on FitBit (//www.fitbit.com/user/4FNPHY)
  • LisaFrankenstein2017
    LisaFrankenstein2017 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    In the over 100 to lose club and just starting, feel free to add
  • GinaMa67
    GinaMa67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've got about 120 to lose. It'll be a long road but one I want to enjoy. I've used MFP long ago and have since learned this is the best place for me. Add me if you like! Have a wonderful day.