Losing quickly after no loss for months

Ive been trying to lose my baby weight for 10 months (I lost it quickly and without issue with my first) I gained 35 and still had 25 a month ago. I've been walking and working out and eating healthy all along (since baby was 6 weeks old), I also run 2-3x a week and was seeing a trainer for months and months. I was maybe losing 1-2lbs a month. Recently though I have started losing up to .5 lb a day! The past 2 weeks I've lost over 6 lbs. I am breastfeeding and baby is cutting back, only other change is that I added 1/2 an avocado to my food everyday. I know losing this quick isn't sustainable or particularly healthy but I'm eating 1600-1700 calories most days (5'4 155 lbs) should I ride it out until it plateaus? Add more calories? I'm 15 lbs away from my goal weight

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I say stay the course.

You don't mention raging hunger or any ill effects other than the rapid loss.

And stock up on those avocados.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Keep doing what you're doing. If you still have the energy to get through your day happily, there's probably no harm. My guess is that as your body adjusts to your baby weaning off relying on you completely, the weight loss will taper off and go more slowly. See what happens in the next two weeks. If it still concerns you, check in with your doctor.
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    After I had my children, I never lost the last 10 pounds until I started to wean which was always when the babies were about 10 months to a year. Once I weaned, the weight would magically fall off.
    Of course, now that the youngest baby is 10 and I'm middle aged, it magically reappears when I make unhealthy choices. ;)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Even without babies involved I have the "whoosh" type drops I might go weeks without a loss and then see 3-4 pounds come off in one week. Mostly because I retain a lot of water around ovulation and the beginning of my period. Give it a couple more weeks and if you're still losing at the same rate, try increasing your calorie intake - if you're down to the last 15lbs now is a good time to adjust your weight loss rate down to 0.5lbs per week if you haven't already. If you're still concerned I second going to see your doctor.

• alpear
    alpear Posts: 19 Member
    No hunger, I actually eat to hunger while nursing and just track it and it ends up being around the same amount.
    Thanks will just keep on keeping on. I just got my first cycle back in 3.5 years last month before the rapid loss started so I'm wondering how much hormones has to do with it too
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    alpear wrote: »
    No hunger, I actually eat to hunger while nursing and just track it and it ends up being around the same amount.
    Thanks will just keep on keeping on. I just got my first cycle back in 3.5 years last month before the rapid loss started so I'm wondering how much hormones has to do with it too

i think you're spot on about it being hormones.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I say stay the course.

You don't mention raging hunger or any ill effects other than the rapid loss.

And stock up on those avocados.

This. As your hormones normalize, your weight will do odd things.

If you're comfortable and happy... carry on.